The Tool Crib Attendant/MRO Buyer will be responsible for supporting the Chattanooga plant with various administrative tasks. Manage new item number creation in all systems as required, and maintenance of those files. Manage and maintain the vendor documentation files. Support purchase order process by coordinating the freight process of inbound materials.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open POs, regularly email open PO reports, confirm receipt of POs, review status to update PO’s and coordinate the status and activity of deliveries.
- Assist in obtaining samples for review and add approved items into the system. Coordinate directly with the appropriate personnel to replenish products.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by supervisior.
Administrative and Other Responsibilities:
- Entry of the tool room labor reports and writing and quoting of all tool room orders.
- Entry of all in-press reports, bench reports and work orders, including verification of production counts and generating work orders
- Purchase Orders
- Updaing and controlling the detail tracking system through all stages of construction.
- Daily generation of the tool room priority list.
- Assist in the tool crib with organization and inventory control.
- Control and maintain the tool location manual.
- Maintain all other tool room project tracking and 8Ds.
- Quality concers and corrective action paperwork.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Problem solving, effectively communicate verbally and in written form.
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills, multi-tasking capabilities and flexibility
- Must possess great attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with others in a fast paced working environment.
- Knowledge of PLEX Operating system a Plus
- High school graduate, some college preferred
- Previous experience in an office environment required.
- Purchasing experience a plus
- Basic tool knowledge a plus
Hatch is recognized as a world class leader in the design and manufacturing of metal stampings and assemblies. Hatch specializes in design, prototype construction, progressive die construction, stampings and assemblies. Hatch is the automotive stamping and assembly benchmark for innovation, technology, quality, delivery and service. Capabilities include a wide range of progressive and transfer die technology with presses ranging from 100 to 1,200 ton. Hatch also provides a wide range of assembly capabilities which include laser welding, resistance welding, robotic mig welding, robotic and automated component assembly, tapping, staking and orbital peening.