Hatch Stamping is looking to add Tool Room Helpers to our Chelsea, MI location. You will work alongside a tenured crew of Tool and Die Makers and Machinists gaining experience by working in highly engineered metal stampings and assemblies.
Come make your mark and grow!
What you will do:
• Work side by side with a toolmaker, helping them conduct preventative maintenance
• Disassemble and clean dies using cleaning solutions, brushes, and rags
• Sharpen dies and punches
• Reassemble tooling to proper functioning status
• Lift, move, clamp, and bolt dies and fixtures on machines, using hand-tools
• Lubricate, clean, and maintain tool room equipment
• Lift and position workpieces
What qualifies you:
• Dependabilityand motivation
• Mechanical aptitude
• Ability to listen and follow instructions
• Knowledge and experience with basic hand/power tools
• Potential to lead into an apprenticeship
• Forklift experience
Hatch is recognized as a world class leader in the design and manufacturing of metal stampings and assemblies. Hatch specializes in design, prototype construction, progressive die construction, stampings and assemblies. Hatch is the automotive stamping and assembly benchmark for innovation, technology, quality, delivery and service. Capabilities include a wide range of progressive and transfer die technology with presses ranging from 100 to 1,200 ton. Hatch also provides a wide range of assembly capabilities which include laser welding, resistance welding, robotic mig welding, robotic and automated component assembly, tapping, staking and orbital peening.