Two open positions available:
- One full time regular position
- One full time one-year temporary position
Starting Wage: $19.86/hour plus benefits
Everett Housing Authority is offering a $1000.00 hiring incentive at the time of hire for all external candidates.
Closing Date: Open until filled with priority given to applications received by 5:00 PM, Monday, November 29, 2021
Everett Housing Authority Mission Statement: The Everett Housing Authority creates affordable housing, fosters healthy communities where households thrive, and replaces systemic racism with equity for all.
All EHA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the health and safety of the community we serve and our employees. Upon acceptance of an offer of employment, a prospective hire must submit a certificate of vaccination to the Human Resources Department. Individuals with a qualifying medical or religious reason may submit a request for exemption. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an accommodation.
Are you looking for a place to work where you can really make a difference in the lives of others? If so, come to work for the Everett Housing Authority as a Maintenance Laborer. Everett Housing Authority owns, operates and maintains 1500 units of housing for seniors, disabled/handicapped and low-income families within the City of Everett. Your work will involve assisting the Senior Maintenance Specialist in performing various maintenance tasks in the repair and maintenance of equipment and buildings.
If you’re looking for a great benefits package we have that as well!
• Up to 12 days of paid vacation yearly;
• 13 paid sick leave days;
• 12 paid scheduled Holidays plus 1 additional floating holiday per year;
• Medical Insurance;
• Dental Insurance;
• Life Insurance;
• State Retirement Fund;
• Flexible work schedule,
• Employee Assistance Program;
• Wellness Program;
• Tuition reimbursement.
SCOPE OF WORK:
This position assists the Senior Maintenance Specialist or Maintenance Specialist in performing maintenance tasks at the assigned buildings. Such tasks include maintaining the property’s/properties’ curb appeal, completing timely unit turns, custodial work, grounds keeping and pest control.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are illustrative only (i.e. not all inclusive)
Required Workplace Standards:
1. Works regular and reliable hours on site as required;
2. Attendance must be punctual and consistent;
3. Works an agreed-upon schedule and works additional hours as necessary to complete work;
4. Works effectively, cooperatively and respectfully with co-workers, clients and other contacts;
5. Performs work with objectives based on preventative maintenance, efficiently utilizing resources (which includes but not limited to: time, standardization of materials, coordination of other staff members and vendors);
6. Assists with work orders at the assigned properties;
7. Follows all EHA Safety Policies and Procedures;
8. Follows all EHA Personnel Policies and Procedures;
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Physical Maintenance:
a) Under direction of the Senior Maintenance Specialist or Maintenance Specialist, assists with unit turns, inspections, preventive maintenance, repair or replacement (from individual components through to entire system) of the following;
Appliances, mechanical, electrical, carpentry (including all door hardware), all interior and exterior finishes, building envelope (siding, roofing and glazing), grounds (grounds keeping and masonry), custodial work, equipment and vehicles;
b) Drives to various sites as assigned;
c) Performs chemical, mechanical and thermal pest control;
d) Functions as a team member for annual or preventive maintenance inspections;
e) Is available to volunteer to be on call to respond to after-hour’s emergency;
f) Follows all applicable safety procedures, including wearing respirators as necessary;
g) And other physical duties as assigned.
2) Reporting and Communications:
a) Ensures consistent and real time updates of Yardi work-orders;
b) Ensures daily communications with supervisor and Senior Maintenance Specialist or Maintenance Specialist.
a) Is familiar with power, water and gas turnoffs, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants of the portfolio;
b) Maintains a personal log of emergency telephone numbers (e.g., police, fire department and supervisor).
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent;
- One year paid experience in general laborer work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF/SKILL IN:
- Knowledge of and ability to use common hand tools;
- Basic math skills.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Ability to follow written and oral directions;
- Ability to get along well with clients, co-workers and the public;
- Ability to speak and understand English;
- Ability and aptitude to learn mechanical skills;
- Computer skills that includes use of a PC and an IOS or Windows Tablet
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
CONSTANT (67% - 100%)
- Grasping (Left, Right, Both)
- Reaching above shoulder (LRB)
- Repetitive arm/hand movement (LRB)
- Eye sight and hearing
- Driving equipment and vehicles
- Lifting and Carrying 25# (LRB)
- Pushing and Pulling 25# (LRB)
- Standing and walking
- Lifting and Carrying 50# (LRB)
- Pushing and Pulling 50# (LRB)
- Climbing stairs and ladders
- Working at heights
- Operating foot controls (LRB)
- Lifting and Carrying 75# (LRB)
- Pulling and Pushing 75# (LRB)
- Fine finger manipulation (LRB)
REQUIRED PROFICIENCY IN USE OF:
Backhoe, Pipe, Power-tools,
Boxes, Hand tools, Plywood, Tractor,
Brushes, Hand truck, Pressure washer, Truck Lift Gate,
Drain snake, Key machine, Pumps, Van,
Drill press, Ladders, Cellphone,
Drop cloth, Lumber, Respirator, IOS/Windows Tablet,
Drywall, Masking tape, Rollers, PC,
Paint, Roofing material, PPE (personal protective equipment)
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be personally bondable for insurance purposes;
- Valid Washington State Driver's license and excellent driving record;
- Fair Housing Certification within 6 months of employment.
This position is required to work predominantly indoors, but may work outdoors in all weather conditions, and is subject to heavy and strenuous work. May encounter undesirable pests.
ADDITIONAL (DESIRABLE) QUALIFICATIONS:
• Paid experience in small motor repair, maintenance and cleaning;
• Prior paid experience doing semi-skilled repairs and maintenance for:
- Large apartment complex;
- Housing authority;
- Other housing agencies
The top candidates will be invited to participate in a selection process which will consist of a written test, practical test and interview. The dates and times are to be determined.
The Everett Housing Authority is a progressive agency pursuing its mission with great passion and a high level of professionalism and competence. EHA seeks passionate and optimistic individuals to join our team of highly engaged and satisfied employees committed to assisting those for whom stable and affordable housing is a challenge. EHA’s work has been recognized nationally with awards from NAHRO and Nan McKay. Most recently, EHA received NAHRO’s National Awards of Merit for a fully accessible community garden open to public housing residents and members of the surrounding community and for highly creative financing to convert 333 public housing units to project-based Housing Choice Vouchers and improve these properties with over $20 million in renovations. In addition, EHA received a NAHRO’s National Award of Excellence for a new 20-unit development serving survivors of domestic violence.
Members of our team are rewarded with meaningful work, competitive compensation, employee-friendly policies, a team environment, great benefits, and promotion and bonus opportunities. Please consider joining our team in pursuit of the exciting challenge of meeting the affordable housing needs of Everett and Snohomish County.
The Everett Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer