East Central College has an immediate opening for a part-time Learning Center Specialist at our Rolla location. Responsible for providing one-on-one instruction to students in Math and Science (Chemistry, Physical Science & Biology) coursework and facilitating workshops and group tutoring sessions. Schedule will be determined each semester based on tutoring needs and student class schedules; day or evening hours may be required.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Completion of Associate's degree in related field; One year experience in disability services, special education, or other related field preferred.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Provide tutoring services to students in one-on-one instruction or group session environments.
- Ensure a professional and student focused learning environment during tutoring sessions.
- Provide students assistance with word processing, presentation or course management software, instructional computer software, and computer access issues (usernames, passwords, etc).
- Maintain accurate and complete records to document tutoring services provided and activities conducted.
- Design and implement one-on-one instruction and group sessions to encourage student usage of services including but not limited to time management, testing taking strategies, study skills, and course specific topics.
- Design and produce promotional materials, handouts, and study aids for students.
- Assist students with library reference material and services.
- Provide placement and classroom testing accommodations for students with disabilities with the utmost integrity; services may include but are not limited to serving as a reader, scribe, and/or proctor in a non-distractive environment.
- Provide adaptive technology training and assistance for students with disabilities
- Convert textbooks and course materials to alternative formats for students with documented disabilities.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View job description here.
Minimum Starting Salary $15.08 per hour. This is a part-time position, not to exceed 19.75 hours per week. Salary will commensurate with experience.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.