- Develop and implement innovative manufacturing processes, methods, and equipment.
- Coordinate implementation of new model development and engineering changes to the manufacturing floor.
- Create and update manufacturing documentation including process flows, standard operating procedures, build specifications, control plans, and equipment operating instructions.
- Develop quality related processes, equipment, gauges, and documentation.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and implement appropriate solutions in coordination with applicable departments.
- Provide manufacturing floor support including root causing production issues, troubleshooting equipment, and addressing general manufacturing floor inquiries.
- Train production personnel in proper application of production equipment and process.
- Participate in regular design reviews and work in close coordination with designers to drive design for manufacture (DFM) activities.
- Capture production times and related manufacturing costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Participate in the development and enhancement of Product Development departmental processes and policies related to manufacturing and documentation control.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree or diploma
- 3-5 years of manufacturing engineering experience with knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Experience with manufacturing processes involving sheet metal fabrication, painting, and assembly.
- Strong design skills and engineering specification development using SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Experience with quality control processes and equipment including control plans and inspection/test tooling.
- Knowledge of document control systems (PDM), part number/BOM management, and ERP systems.
- Experience of participation in a product development team from inception to manufacturing launch.
- Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong oral and written communication abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated diplomacy and professionalism.
- Excellent technical skills (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach.
- Strong work ethic and has collaborative mindset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Fast-growing startup experience preferred
- Boat, Electric Vehicle or similar industry experience preferred
- A strong technical curiosity
Pure Watercraft is revolutionizing boating, starting by building an innovative electric propulsion system that is clean and quiet without compromising performance. (http://www.purewatercraft.com)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.