The Everett Housing Authority is hiring for Certification Specialist ll and lll. EHA is offering remote work for experienced Certification Specialist ll and Certification Specialist lll applicants living oustide the Everett area, who are residents of Washington State! Applicants with direct HCV experience are encouraged to apply.
Depending on experience the candidate(s) will be hired as a Certification Specialist ll or lll. The significant difference between the two levels is the amount of experience required and caseload. Up to three positions available.
Starting Salary Ranges:
- Certification Specialist ll - $3,501-$4,184 per month DOE, plus benefits
- Certification Specialist lll - $3,770-$4,498 per month DOE, plus benefits
Open Until Filled with priority given to those applications received by 5:00 PM on Friday, January 21, 2022.
Everett Housing Authority is offering a $1000 hiring incentive at the time of hire for all external candidates.
Everett Housing Authority Mission Statement: The Everett Housing Authority creates affordable housing, fosters healthy communities where households thrive, and replaces systemic racism with equity for all.
All EHA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the health and safety of the community we serve and our employees. Upon acceptance of an offer of employment, a prospective hire must submit a certificate of vaccination to the Human Resources Department. Individuals with a qualifying medical or religious reason may submit a request for exemption. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an accommodation.
Looking for an opportunity to work for an organization that really makes a difference in the lives of others? Look no further. Come join our team as a Certification Specialist with the Everett Housing Authority as part of the Housing Choice Voucher Department.
This is a full-time union position working 37.5 hours per week. An opportunity exists for a qualified person(s) with experience in property management, assisted housing or similar activity to become a Certification Specialist for the Everett Housing Authority. This position will certify eligibility for housing, conduct client interviews and assist tenant and landlords with processing and compliance among a host of other duties.
If you’re looking for a great benefits package we have that as well!
- Accrue up to 12 vacation days in your first year of employment;
- 13 paid sick leave days;
- 12 paid scheduled Holidays plus 1 additional floating holiday per year;
- Medical Insurance;
- Dental Insurance;
- Life Insurance;
- State Retirement Fund;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Wellness Program;
- Tuition Reimbursement.
SCOPE OF WORK:
This is specialized administrative work supporting housing assistance programs. Advises clients, landlords and other housing employees on program policies, procedures, and requirements.
REQUIRED FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are illustrative only (i.e. not all inclusive)
Required Workplace Standards:
1. Works regular and reliable hours on site as required;
2. Attendance must be punctual and consistent;
3. Works an agreed-upon schedule and works additional hours as necessary to complete work;
4. Works effectively, cooperatively and respectfully with co-workers, clients and other contacts;
5. Follows all EHA Safety Policies and Procedures;
6. Follows all EHA Personnel Policies and Procedures;
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Routine Functions:
1. Certifies eligibility for housing assistance in accordance with program policy, procedures and regulations;
2. Conducts client interviews, briefings, and/or counsels and assists tenants and landlords with processing and compliance requirements;
3. Compiles, performs data entry, and completes documents for Annual, Interim, Unit changes, and Special Reviews; recalculates housing assistance payment when changes in family composition, income and deductions occur; sends notifications to landlords, tenants, and other agencies; reviews and authorizes additions to household;
4. Documents changes in HAP and URP payments that result from reviews; certifies payments and balance changes for monthly and semi-month check runs;
5. Determines voucher size based on family composition, bedroom size, utility allowances, and deductions; calculates subsidy accurately; Prepares HAP contracts; receives completed inspection and rent comparison reports from inspections unit and negotiates rents with landlords; enters landlord information into the system, reviews and enters lease dates, rent amount, utility, and concessions to generate housing assistance payment contracts; determines owner payments; provides accurate and timely payments to landlords and/or suppresses payments as warranted;
6. Investigates program violations by investigating unreported income, unauthorized live-in, drug activity, and violent criminal activity; requests police reports, jail registration, and vital statistics to detect differences in income, assets, and family status from reported conditions; compiles supporting documentation and conducts meeting with tenant/landlord to discuss violations;
7. Terminates tenants no longer qualifying for assistance or subsidies; compiles supporting documentation and conducts meetings with tenant and/or landlords. Participates in termination hearings as needed;
8. Determines if Earned Income Disregards applies per guidelines;
9. Prepares and calculates overpayments for tenants and landlords. When applicable, executes payment agreements and monitors payment on debt owing;
10. Maintains and documents files regarding all actions taken; prepares statistical, status, and productivity reports as required;
11. Coordinates incoming and outgoing portables. Works with the finance department to resolve billing issues;
12. Works with interpreters as required for LEP participants;
13. Certification Specialist ll manages a caseload comparable to the industry standard; and Certification Specialist lll manages a caseload approximately 125% of the industry standard.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Six (6) years of paid work experience in property management, assisted housing, or similar activity, including at least two (2) year with responsibility for determining eligibility, evaluating compliance with regulations, or applying program requirements to individual situations. At least two (2) year of experience must be in a high volume, paperwork intensive setting. Up to four (4) years of secondary education may be substituted for comparable amount of work experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF/SKILL IN:
- Communications Excellence;
- Business/professional ethics;
- Subsidized housing.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Work professionally and effectively with clients, co-workers, and others in stressful and emotional situations with significant benefits at stake, while ensuring compliance with program requirements and accuracy of work product;
- Manage time and tasks efficiently with limited supervision;
- Work professionally with co-workers, Housing Choice Voucher participants, social service agencies, landlords, and the general public;
- Speak and understand English and follow oral and written directions;
- Proficiently use computer and ten key calculator;
- Work independently within organizational parameters;
- Perform basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and percentages;
- Develop letters, memoranda, reports, leases, and legal papers using grammatically correct English;
- Public speaking for program briefings to participants or landlords;
- Focus on details;
- Drive a vehicle.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM REQUIRED FUNCTIONS
CONSTANT- 67% – 100%
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Seeing, hearing, and speaking
- Fine finger manipulation (Left, Right, Both)
- Flexing wrists (LRB)
- Lifting and carrying 5lbs
- Pushing and pulling 5lbs
FREQUENT – 34% – 66%
- Repetitive arm/hand movement (LRB)
- Reaching (LRB)
- Climbing stairs
- Turning and twisting wrist (LRB)
- Twisting and turning at waist
- Walking on uneven surfaces
- Lift and carry 10lbs
- Pushing and pulling 10lbs
OCCASIONAL 1% - 33%
- Kneeling and squatting
- Reaching above shoulders (LRB)
- Operating foot controls (LRB)
- Walking and standing
- Bending and stooping
- Lift and carry 20lbs
- Push and pulling 20lbs
REQUIRED PROFICIENCY IN USE OF:
10 Key Calculator, Computer – Desk & Laptop, Copier, Fax Machine, File Cabinets, Writing Instruments, Telephone and Cell Phone, Motor Vehicle, Printer, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access (or similar database), File Folders, Ruler, Manually-operated office equipment such as 3-hole punch and stapler, Scanner, LED Projector, Paper Cutter, Scissors
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Washington State Driver's license, or ability to obtain one within 60 days, and a good driving record;
- Must be personally bondable for insurance purposes;
- Fair Housing Certification or ability to obtain one within 90 days;
- HCV Specialist Certification or ability to obtain one within one year.
ADDITIONAL (DESIRABLE) QUALIFICATIONS
- Fluency in Russian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Arabic, or Spanish language;
- Knowledge and experience in Federal Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) programs;
- Awareness of services or resources available to low-income seniors, families, and persons with disabilities;
- Knowledge and/or experience in property management;
- Experience working with a Housing Authority;
- Experience using Yardi software.
The Everett Housing Authority is a progressive agency pursuing its mission with great passion and a high level of professionalism and competence. EHA seeks passionate and optimistic individuals to join our team of highly engaged and satisfied employees committed to assisting those for whom stable and affordable housing is a challenge. EHA’s work has been recognized nationally with awards from NAHRO and Nan McKay. Most recently, EHA received NAHRO’s National Awards of Merit for a fully accessible community garden open to public housing residents and members of the surrounding community and for highly creative financing to convert 333 public housing units to project-based Housing Choice Vouchers and improve these properties with over $20 million in renovations. In addition, EHA received a NAHRO’s National Award of Excellence for a new 20-unit development serving survivors of domestic violence.
Members of our team are rewarded with meaningful work, competitive compensation, employee-friendly policies, a team environment, great benefits, and promotion and bonus opportunities. Please consider joining our team in pursuit of the exciting challenge of meeting the affordable housing needs of Everett and Snohomish County.
The Everett Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer