Starting Salary Range: $5,303 - $6,629 per month DOE, plus benefits
This position will remain open until filled with priority given to applications received by 5:00 PM, Friday, January 21, 2022.
Everett Housing Authority is offering a $1000 hiring incentive at the time of hire for all external candidates.
Everett Housing Authority Mission Statement: The Everett Housing Authority creates affordable housing, fosters healthy communities where households thrive, and replaces systemic racism with equity for all.
All EHA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the health and safety of the community we serve and our employees. Upon acceptance of an offer of employment, a prospective hire must submit a certificate of vaccination to the Human Resources Department. Individuals with a qualifying medical or religious reason may submit a request for exemption. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an accommodation.
Looking for an opportunity to work for an organization that really makes a difference in the lives of others? Look no further. We have a great opportunity for a qualified person to become a Strategic Engagement Manager.
If you’re looking for a great benefits package we have that as well!
- Accrue up to 22 vacation days in your first year of employment;
- 13 paid sick leave days;
- 12 paid scheduled Holidays plus 1 additional Floating Holiday per year;
- Medical Insurance;
- Dental Insurance;
- Life Insurance;
- Long Term Disability Insurance;
- State Retirement Fund;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Wellness Program;
- Tuition Reimbursement.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under general supervision of the Senior Policy Analyst, the Strategic Engagement Manager is responsible for a range of activities to meet the communications and stakeholder engagement needs of the Everett Housing Authority (EHA) and its housing program participants, including EHA’s participation in the Moving to Work (MTW) demonstration. This position will further EHA’s mission to create affordable housing, foster healthy communities where households thrive, and replace systemic racism with equity for all.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are illustrative only (i.e. not all inclusive)
Required Workplace Standards:
1. Works regular and reliable hours on site as required;
2. Attendance must be punctual and consistent;
3. Works an agreed-upon schedule over a seven-day week, and works additional hours as necessary to complete work;
4. Works effectively, cooperatively and respectfully with co-workers, clients and other contacts;
5. Follows all EHA Safety Policies and Procedures;
6. Follows all EHA Personnel Policies and Procedures;
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Program Administration Functions:
1. Assist with development of EHA’s annual MTW Supplement and other documents related to strategic planning and reporting EHA’s performance and demographics.
2. Manage and lead cross-departmental teams on strategic projects.
3. Educate and engage EHA staff, Board of Commissioners, stakeholders, and residents/participants on concepts and changes related to MTW and other strategic efforts.
4. Communicate with EHA’s software vendor regarding program changes resulting from the MTW demonstration that require software updates and testing.
5. Create summaries, presentations, and reports on EHA’s activities for a wide variety of audiences.
6. Write procedures and implementation plans to meet agency goals. Work with staff assigned to implement new policies or carry out action plan tasks to ensure that implementation remains true to the policy objectives.
7. Assist the Senior Policy Analyst and other team members with special events and projects.
8. Coordinate, staff, and provide logistics support for internal, resident/participant, and external stakeholder engagement meetings.
9. Assist with updating EHA’s Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Policy and developing procedures for staff to effectively serve EHA residents and program participants with limited English proficiency.
Communications and Community Relations Functions:
1. Provide subject matter expertise and support on special projects and initiatives, with an emphasis on resident and participant engagement.
2. Develop and implement a communication plan to engage Housing Choice Voucher participants in EHA planning processes and programs.
3. Lead the process to orient over 3,000 EHA voucher program participants through enrollment in EHA’s rent reform demonstration and subsequent MTW program changes.
4. This position will be solely responsible for creating the EHA newsletter.
5. Work closely with other EHA departments to ensure that information of importance and interest to EHA residents is submitted and communicated effectively to residents through the website, e-newsletters, flyers, social media, and other means.
6. Attend meetings, events, and other activities in EHA communities and with external stakeholders to build relationships.
7. Arrange translation of text into languages other than English as needed.
8. Work with contracted graphic designers and photographers, and other vendors, as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
OPTION #1: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Public Administration, or another field providing the appropriate skills;
Three (3) years directly relevant experience
OPTION #2: Associate’s degree in a field providing the appropriate skills;
Five (5) years directly relevant experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF/SKILL IN:
- Managing projects and workflows and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent research, writing and copyediting ability; high degree of thoroughness and accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Writing clear, compelling, engaging copy.
- Social media communication.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Work independently with limited direction, and collaboratively with other staff.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues in other departments and agencies, residents, and others.
- Produce high-quality work under time and other pressures.
- Meet deadlines while handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Work effectively with a diversity of people internally and externally.
- Convey complex concepts in language that can be clearly understood by internal and external audiences with a wide range of levels of comprehension and English language skills.
- Coordinate, lead and attend meetings and events, including on evenings and weekends.
- Make sound judgments on appropriate, informative, engaging subject matter.
- Write creative, effective, and attractive communications materials.
- Research and report on a variety of topics to support EHA’s MTW efforts.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
CONSTANT (67% – 100%)
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity (Left, Right, Both)
- Seeing, listening, and talking
- Arm and hand movement (LRB)
- Lifting and carrying 5# (LRB)
- Pushing and pulling 5# (LRB)
- Fine finger manipulation (LRB)
FREQUENT (34% – 66%)
- Turning and twisting at waist
- Walking and standing
- Climbing stairs
- Bending and stooping
- Lifting and carrying 10# (LRB)
- Pushing and Pulling 10# (LRB)
- Reaching and Grasping(LRB)
OCCASIONAL (1% - 33%)
- Kneeling and squatting
- Reaching above shoulders
- Lifting and carrying 20# (LRB)
- Pushing and pulling 20# (LRB)
- Finger manipulation (LRB)
- Operating foot controls (LRB)
REQUIRED PROFICIENCY IN USE OF:
Calculator, Computer, Copier, Fax Machine, File Cabinets, Writing Instruments, Telephone and cell phone, Motor Vehicle, Printer, Overhead Projector, Microsoft Office Suite, Mailer Machine, Manually-operated office equipment such as 3-hole punch and stapler, File Folders, Clipboard, Video Camera, LED Projector, Still Camera
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid Washington State Driver's license or ability to obtain one within 60 days and good driving record.
ADDITIONAL (DESIRABLE) QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in field related to position responsibilities
- Experience engaging residents and other communities
- Experience working with low-income populations
- Familiarity with basic graphic design principles and use of design software such as Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Familiarity with web design and website content management
- Fluency in Russian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Arabic or Spanish language
The Everett Housing Authority is a progressive agency pursuing its mission with great passion and a high level of professionalism and competence. EHA seeks passionate and optimistic individuals to join our team of highly engaged and satisfied employees committed to assisting those for whom stable and affordable housing is a challenge. EHA’s work has been recognized nationally with awards from NAHRO and Nan McKay. Most recently, EHA received NAHRO’s National Awards of Merit for a fully accessible community garden open to public housing residents and members of the surrounding community and for highly creative financing to convert 333 public housing units to project-based Housing Choice Vouchers and improve these properties with over $20 million in renovations. In addition, EHA received a NAHRO’s National Award of Excellence for a new 20-unit development serving survivors of domestic violence.
Members of our team are rewarded with meaningful work, competitive compensation, employee-friendly policies, a team environment, great benefits, and promotion and bonus opportunities. Please consider joining our team in pursuit of the exciting challenge of meeting the affordable housing needs of Everett and Snohomish County.
The Everett Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer