East Central College has opening for a full-time Program Assistant for the Career & Technical Education division. The position is responsible for performing a variety of advanced program support and administrative assistance to the Dean, Coordinators, faculty and adjuncts within the division.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of an Associate’s degree and two years related experience
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Evaluate and respond to incoming correspondence, gathering appropriate background material, routing mail, and determining which matters require the attention of the Dean, Coordinators, faculty or adjuncts.
- Maintain application process for applicable division.
- Report and maintain textbook adoption information on the bookstore online system.
- Maintain all processes and procedures for department reports/plans, including electronic posting and storing of such reports.
- Respond to inquiries from students, staff and the public, screening and directing individuals as appropriate.
- Process program finances and maintain program finance records.
- Initiate, process and track departmental forms such as purchase orders, personnel requisitions, travel authorization forms, supply requisitions, printing requests, travel expense reimbursement vouchers.
- Compose written correspondence and materials; create and update all departmental forms and prepare for web; prepare minutes, reports, statistical data, and other materials pertaining to the division.
- Prepare minutes, reports, and other appropriate documents for meetings of internal and external groups and organizations, distributing materials, and representing the chairperson when requested.
- Schedule appointments and meetings, reserve meeting rooms, organize materials, send out meeting notices, arrange for catering services, make travel arrangements, and update the Dean’s calendar and division calendar of events when necessary.
- Provide assistance with registration and advisement processes.
- Collect and catalogue electronically programmer data as it relates to TSA Evaluation.
- Assist in material/document gathering to develop program review binder.
- Assist in compiling/processing information necessary for all departments for state/national accreditations
- Assist with schedule edits for division through the use of Colleague.
- Assist in processes of degree changes and responsible for completing all documentation for Curriculum Council or Academic Council.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Minimum starting rate: $15.08/hour. Salary will commensurate with experience. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.