We are looking for an A/R Accountant to join the Finance Team of our multi-entity organization.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to receive and post payments, review ledgers and correct discrepancies to ensure the accounts are properly stated.
REPORTS TO: Controller
- Prepare ACH drafts.
- Post receipts to appropriate entity account(s).
- Prepare receipts for bank deposit.
- Researching and resolving account discrepancies.
- Make ledger adjustments.
- Respond to any inquiries.
- Assist with bank reconciliation issues.
- Process any refunds/return of funds.
- Assist with bad debts/write offs, to include accounts turned over to collections.
- Obtaining information from other departments to ensure records are accurate and complete.
- Generating reports/metrics for internal use.
- Manage related accounts receivable functions.
- Process and track requests for compliance purposes (federal, state, audit).
- Reconcile other sources of revenue (and expenses) for month-end close.
- Other accounting related tasks, as delegated.
Education and Experience:
- 4 year degree in accounting (or 2 year degree with one to two years of relevant experience).
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role, particularly with multi-entity, multi-bank account company.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, with emphasis in Excel.
- Experience working within an ERP system.
- Strong math, typing, 10-key, computer skills.
- Analytical/critical thinking abilities.
- Attention to detail, while also seeing the bigger picture.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Driven to improve processes.
- Takes initiative and ownership.
- Asks thoughtful questions.
- Excellent communication, research, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Ability to build relationships within Finance and across departments.
- Strong work ethic.
- Must pass background check, to include criminal history and ability to be bonded.
Hiring Range: $45,000-$52,000 DOQ
We provide a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays and personal days, as well as retirement benefits.
- Medical, dental, vision health plans
- Retirement benefits
- Paid life insurance
- Employee wellness program
- Long term disability
- 13 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training opportunities, and more