East Central College has an opening for a full-time (10 month) EMS Clinical Coordinator/EMS Faculty. This position is responsible for the day to day oversight of all clinical aspects of the program. Instructor is expected to develop an active learning environment with use of effective instructional technology.
The faculty member with this assignment works under the EMS Clinical Coordinator job description and the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) faculty job description.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Minimum of an associate degree is required; a bachelor’s or master’s degree is preferred; plus three years’ work experience in emergency medicine/prehospital care.
- Must possess a BLS, ACLS, and PHTLS Instructor Certification or be willing to obtain upon hire.
- Current undisciplined license to practice EMS in the state of Missouri, National Registry, or other state license or certification as a paramedic and at least two years clinical experience as an EMT-P, or licensure as a registered nurse or physician with at least two years clinical experience.
ESSENTIAL TASKS: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Coordinate the overall clinical aspects of the EMS program activities with the Program Coordinator and Dean of Health Sciences.
- Responsible for teaching all clinical education courses within the academic year and summer semesters.
- Demonstrates proficiency in instruction, evaluation, and supervision of students.
- Coordinating clinical education with didactic education.
- Coordinate clinical activities – to include maintaining clinical competencies.
- Provide direct and indirect supervision of students while at clinical sites.
- Develop clinical schedules, syllabi, and orientation information.
View Clinical Coordinator job description here.
Faculty member duties:
- Teach thirty (30) semester credit hours (or the equivalent in lab, clinical, etc. hours) each academic year.
- With the assistance of the core faculty, Department Chairperson and the Vice President of Academic Affairs, participate in developing course and/or program curriculum, standards, and policies.
- Develop course curriculum, handouts, lectures, labs, presentation, and maintain course outlines/syllabi and printed and non-printed instructional materials.
- Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and current course syllabus.
- Use current technology to enhance instructional and institutional effectiveness including but not limited to computers, computer-assisted instruction programs, audio visual equipment, and be willing to learn and apply any other new technology necessary to enhance learning.
- Schedule, supervise, debrief, and evaluate students in clinical, internships, observations, field experiences, or other similar settings as appropriate for the course or program.
- Participate in course and/or program level assessment including development of learning outcomes and measures, evaluating student performance, and recommending improvement measures.
View EMS faculty job description here.
Start date: August 2022
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Salary will commensurate with education and years of experience.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.