East Central College has an opening for a full-time Director of Human Resources responsible for oversight of the Human Resources Department which includes employment, training, benefits, performance evaluation, staffing, compensation, employee relations, compliance officer for employment laws and policy and procedures.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Completion of master's degree; 5 years directly related Human Resources Leadership experience.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Advise supervisors and employees on employment issues, performance, and discipline.
- Oversee the insurance benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurances.
- Responsible for broker selection, insurance contracts, renewals, and open enrollment.
- Responsible for leading Insurance Committee and working with insurance broker.
- Oversight of administration of other College benefits which includes tuition waiver, tuition reimbursement, paid leave, and wellness programs.
- Administer compensation for hourly and salaried employees to include job offers, contracts, raises.
- Coordinate recruitment and selection activities to ensure a pool of qualified personnel.
- Oversight of search committees for compliance of employment law and College policy.
- Oversight for new employee onboarding training.
- Interpret and administer the College's policies and procedures related to all aspects of personnel matters.
- Responsible for the college’s performance evaluations for employees.
- Supervise department staff assigned, recommending selection, retention, promotion, and discharge as appropriate.
- Serve on President’s Cabinet and work with leadership team on strategic planning, staffing and policies.
- Serve as Deputy Title IX Coordinator.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Minimum starting salary: $53,147; Salary will commensurate with experience. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.