We are looking to hire a full time or part-time Accountant to work either in our Cedar Falls or West Des Moines, IA office. We are also open to this being remote, work from home, or a hybrid approach. The part-time Accountant will report to the Controller. It is expected to work at least 25-40 hours per week. The ideal Accountant not only must be detailed oriented to understand daily accounting practices and principles, but also must have the vision to make decisive decisions impacting the company’s future. The ability to make financial decisions to support the company’s strategic plan and goals will be an opportunity to showcase an ownership mindset and high sense of integrity. Having a stellar work ethic will be helpful while multi-tasking and meeting various deadlines.
This approachable and trustworthy individual leads by example and empowers others by sharing knowledge in one-on-one meetings and large group presentations. The ideal candidate should be a team player that is adaptable to change and can collaborate with others. We are looking for a candidate that can wear multiple hats and grow within each role. If you feel this describes you, please continue to learn more about the responsibilities and qualifications we are looking for in this person to grow our accounting and financial efforts.
Responsibilities for the Senior Accountant position:
- Perform all related accounting functions required to maintain the general ledger in compliance with US GAAP and company policy and procedures
- Summarize and prepare financial status, transaction reports, and variance analyses for period end reporting
- Assist with financial, tax, and internal control audits
- Responsible for researching, registering, and ensuring compliance for all state and local tax requirements
- Recommend improvements and implement value-add procedures to ERP system and accounting operations
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years’ accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and/or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Excellent communication, technology, organizational, and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of tax laws and US GAAP
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Highly detail-oriented with superior problem-solving skills
- Experience in dealing with the full cycle of accounting transactions
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Other desired skills and qualifications:
- Treasury management experience
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree
As an employee-owned and operated company at DISTek Integration, we provide the best total solution to solve our clients’ biggest challenges in the software development lifecycle of electronic control systems found in mobile equipment within industries such as agriculture, construction, and mining. We partner with our clients to design smarter, safer, and more sophisticated machines and their electronics systems. As experts in our core competencies of Modeling & Simulation, Embedded Software Development, and SIL/HIL simulators, we pride ourselves in delivering innovative solutions to complex problems targeting the off-highway vehicle market. With several offices throughout the upper Midwest area, we can support our clients throughout the United States as well as those all over the globe.