Do you have a passion for working with electronics and electrical systems? Do you find yourself involved in testing hardware and software issues? If so, we have an opportunity that may be what you are seeking. We are seeking an Engineer who has experience working with National Instruments equipment and has developed software applications using LabVIEW. This engineer enjoys working in a team setting to solve complex hardware and software problems. This position will work with our engineering team located in Milwaukee, WI.
As a Test Support Engineer you will be responsible for the setting up, configuring, and monitoring test systems for electronic products. Position includes high-level functions such as test planning, completing test reports, and troubleshooting test setups. The Test Support Engineer is required to acquire, document, review, and interpret customer requirements and specifications. From these requirements, the engineer will configure test systems, troubleshoot issues, and report test pass-fail information requested by the the customer.
Primary functions include:
- Setup and configuration of hardware and test monitoring software associated with product testing.
- Coordinating pre and post-test functional testing of units undergoing testing.
- Troubleshooting issues with automated test software using National Instruments’ LabVIEW.
- Updating test monitoring software for use with new tools and devices.
- Generating and completing documentation associated with product testing.
- Developing schedules, and other project documentation
- Coordinating lab tests, supplier tests and government certification tests as required
- Keeping stakeholders informed of the status of in-process testing.
Key technical skills and qualifications needed are:
- 4 year degree in an applicable Engineering or Science program or a Technical degree plus equivalent work experience
- Experience within an electronic product test development and production environment using automated test equipment
- Proficient in National Instruments LabVIEW-based programming
- Strong PC skills
- Familiarity with communication protocols such as CAN, RS232, RS485, Ethernet, etc.
Other desired skills are:
- Experience with data management, data acquisition, device control and instrument communication
- Willingness to achieve certification through National Instruments program
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work within a team (internal/customer) environment
- Knowledge in software test tools and communication protocols
As an employee-owned and operated company at DISTek Integration, we provide the best total solution to solve our clients’ biggest challenges in the software development lifecycle of electronic control systems found in mobile equipment within industries such as agriculture, construction, and mining. We partner with our clients to design smarter, safer, and more sophisticated machines and their electronics systems. As experts in our core competencies of Modeling & Simulation, Embedded Software Development, and SIL/HIL simulators, we pride ourselves in delivering innovative solutions to complex problems targeting the off-highway vehicle market. With several offices throughout the upper Midwest area, we can support our clients throughout the United States as well as those all over the globe.