East Central College has an opening for a full-time Counselor to provide short-term, confidential counseling, referrals, and crisis intervention for students who are having personal concerns at the Rolla location. Counselor will provide Access services to students who are disabled or have a documented illness/condition that qualify them for special services within the classroom. Serve as an Academic Advisor and a core member of Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT).
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Minimum of a Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work and the appropriate certification or licensure (LPC or LCSW) is preferred. Eligibility for licensure will be considered.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Provide counseling and crisis intervention services for students with personal concerns and provide referral to appropriate community and campus resources as needed.
- Meet with students in need of special services; evaluate requests and determine accommodations.
- Arrange, advise, and assist with equipment, activities, testing (including reading and scribe services), and special services for students with disabilities.
- Serve on the ECC Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) with ongoing case management at Rolla.
- Compile reports, documentation, etc. and maintain records pertaining to students with disabilities, counseling, and BIT.
- Provide academic advising services to students.
- Communicate with and provide onsite support to Rolla faculty and staff regarding students with disabilities and ADA compliance.
- Conduct seminars on study skills, stress management, counseling support, etc. as necessary.
- Act as a liaison with school districts/agency staff in matters involving counseling of students with disabilities.
- Work in conjunction with Counseling staff and the Director of Counseling and Advising at the Union campus to ensure compliance with college wide policies regarding Access Services at Rolla.
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures for the college.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Minimum starting salary: $43,923; will commensurate with experience.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College's Main Campus is located in Union, MO which is about 60 minutes west of St. Louis. East Central College has satellite locations in Rolla, MO which is about 60 minutes west of the Main Campus. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.