Do you have a passion for working with electronics and electrical systems? Do you find yourself involved in testing hardware and software issues? If so, we have an opportunity that may be what you are seeking. Due to growth, we have an immediate opening for a senior engineer to join our engineering team in the Iowa community of Des Moines. The senior engineer is responsible for the design, development, deployment, and support of hardware-in-the-Loop systems. This role would also entail performing interactive and simulated HIL tests using Simulink and MATLAB.
The senior engineer is required to review and interpret customer requirements and specifications. You will be responsible for testing ECUs with a one-stop model-based design solution for both plant modeling and real-time simulation to ensure all software components work as a cohesive system.
Primary functions include:
- Developing and validate software configuration models for each of a client’s ECU targets.
- Configuration tasks involving assigning hardware pinout tags (aliases used throughout the software architecture).
- Performing alignment of data throughput from DAQ to report/or storage.
- Provide alignment of system-level software applications.
- Build scalable HIL systems with configurable input/output (I/O).
- 4-year STEM related degree (i.e., electrical, mechanical, or computer engineering, physics)
- Knowledge of Hardware-in-the-Loop systems
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn new technical concepts
- Experience in product testing of electronic hardware, controllers, and sensors
- Experience with simulation modeling tools (MATLAB/Simulink)
- Knowledge of electrical systems and schematics
- Ability to program in C
Other desired skills are:
- Knowledge in software communication protocols
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Knowledge of off-highway vehicles background is useful
- Ability to travel up to 20% within an hour of Des Moines
As an employee-owned and operated company at DISTek Integration, we provide the best total solution to solve our clients’ biggest challenges in the software development lifecycle of electronic control systems found in mobile equipment within industries such as agriculture, construction, and mining. We partner with our clients to design smarter, safer, and more sophisticated machines and their electronics systems. As experts in our core competencies of Modeling & Simulation, Embedded Software Development, and SIL/HIL simulators, we pride ourselves in delivering innovative solutions to complex problems targeting the off-highway vehicle market. With several offices throughout the upper Midwest area, we can support our clients throughout the United States as well as those all over the globe.