This is a remote position, with the opportunity to travel infrequently to our NYC offices for company events and meet-ups.
You are an experienced technical architect with strong customer facing skills. You have strong experience leading software engineers and are looking for a company that is constantly looking to leverage emerging technology (such as sophisticated augmented reality and machine learning) while putting a high value on active learning and professional growth. At Rose Digital, based in New York City, we seek to empower a technical architect to bring their experience and ideas to the table to continue to wow customers into the future.
As a technical architect you will inspire confidence as you develop specifications and strategy alongside our world-class customers. From there, you will design technical solutions to meet these needs. Finally, you will work to orchestrate the implementation and delivery of these applications using an iterative development methodology with our talented and nimble engineering team. This is a chance to solve challenging software problems. This is a chance to learn and grow your technical repertoire at a company that will give you the tools you need to do it. Apply today!
In this job you will:
- Lead a technical team of engineers and quality assurance staff on project engagements for our clients.
- You will estimate work, both initially at project outset as well as during implementation as changes are requested, velocity is determined, and individual features are understood in more detail.
- Manages the development team through an iterative development process, monitoring progress against the plan and assessing where changes need to be made to improve overall efficiency and productivity of the team.
- Responsible for project level staffing and task assignments – determines what skills and experience are needed on a project team, develops the implementation plan and technical architecture, and manages the distribution of tasks to the technical team for implementation.
- Own the development of the technical design and architecture, defining the implementation plan based on project requirements, with input from the broader technical and QA team.
- Develop and enforce appropriate and scalable approaches to application infrastructure, hosting, code management, CI/CD build processes, and testing.
- Work as a senior level individual contributor / subject matter expert on some projects, personally taking on development of key features and functional areas.
- On occasion you will create code for an aspect of the application that sets a reference and a standard for the broader team to refer to and adapt and extend more broadly across the application, but primarily you are looking to set up the ENgineering team for success.
- Adapt your role on a project based on the needs of the product / application being built, the team, and the phase of a project.
- Be the main client contact on technical matters, acting as the interface between Rose Digital and our technical and non-technical client stakeholders.
You bring to the table:
- 7+ years of experience designing, deploying, maintaining, and refining project architectural requirements.
- Strong experience developing applications with React+Node.js is ideal.
- Strong experience designing solutions using cloud services is required, and specifically solid AWS experience with EC2, S3, Lambda, CloudFront, DynamoDB, RDS, Cognito, and Amplify greatly preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment (at a prior digital agency, startup, or similar environments providing experience in rapid development for production) is required.
- Experience developing solutions using headless content management systems (CMSs) to organize and deliver content and data via APIs to applications.
- 3+ years of experience working in an engineering leadership position on an agile development team – managing developers, distributing tasks, coordinating estimates, and ensuring that parallel development efforts are aligned.
- Must be able to break down the overall development required in coding the final application into parts, ensuring that the foundation we build in early sprints is solid and that the features individual developers are coding throughout development will come together seamlessly as we iterate towards a release / launch.
- Ability to look at the bigger picture across the project and identify opportunities for efficiency – developing solutions with modularity, component reuse, data normalization, and scalability in mind.
- Ability to define and enforce coding standards and development practices including defining branching models, pre-production environments, stylistic standards, and other lower-level coding practices so that the broader team is aligned, and new developers can join the team and get up to speed quickly.
- Experience, or interest, in developing augmented reality and virtual reality applications is preferred.
- Experience with CI/CD development processes including tools like CircleCI, Chef, Jenkins, Amplify, Docker, Kubernetes is preferred.
ROSE is an award-winning digital innovation agency focused on helping leading brands leverage cutting-edge technology to innovate and delight their customers. As one of the INC 500 fastest-growing private companies and the fastest growing black-owned digital agency in the US we pride ourselves on the quality of our work and partnerships with our clients. We specialize in immersive technology (AR/VR) and technical partnerships leveraging web, mobile and back end development.We’ve used WebAR to launch a new shoe line for Adidas for over 110m viewers, rebuilt the technology powering the New York Lottery, helped Patrón bring gifting into the metaverse and did our part to rewild the world with Leonardo DiCaprio and Re:wild. In so doing, the team has won multiple Webby and Shorty awards, been featured in Vogue, WWD, and Harpers Bazaar, and more importantly, had fun doing it. Our mission is to create the most innovative digital agency of our time by guiding the world’s most impactful brands/products into the metaverse.