We are adding a new position at DISTek as we will be hiring an Engineering Supervisor to help support clients and engineering teams. In this role, you will report to the Engineering Manager and develop engineering teams and expand relationships with an existing client. As you manage a growing team of engineers and their leads, you will have the responsibility to develop strong relations with stakeholders, as well as develop engineers and successful leaders. You will be responsible for reporting project updates and quoting new projects and solutions to clients for teams you lead. The role provides opportunity to work closely with one of our key clients, key functional leaders, and managers.
As the team's Engineering Supervisor, you will be supporting the direction of the team, bringing operational excellence to, and both developing and maintaining client relationships. As you lead this growing group of software and test engineers you will have the responsibility to work with leadership on team's strategy, operational efficiency, as well as develop exceptional people.
- Project Management/Client Support (40%)
- Develop and track key metrics for team and project performance through client feedback
- Collaborate with DISTek client managers to identify project opportunities, process improvements, and cost containment strategies
- Meet with dedicated clients frequently and engage them in efforts to promote our best total solution
- Explore and recognize business trends and develop deep client understanding for project opportunities to ensure long term successful business relationships
- Develop and deliver presentations on DISTek value services provided to clients and stakeholders
- Act as a liaison between clients and our team
- Resource Management/Team Lead (30%)
- Develop engineers and team leads in efforts to maintain appreciation of our engineers and services
- Develop and approve budgets, track and report updates and perform project leveling as needed
- Prioritize client project needs and participate in the hiring process for new team members
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by clients and team members
- Hire, train and supervise team leads and team members
- Adhere to leadership code of conduct
- Coaching/Mentoring (30%)
- Provide career guidance and feedback to team members and team leads by following our Catalytic Coaching process
- Promote employee engagement and help support our culture
- Inspire and build team comradery and employee identity through recognition and team building activities
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2-year technical degree or work equivalency
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems – troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communicator – strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven MS Office knowledge (Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- 4-year STEM related degree (engineering, computer science, etc.)
- Leadership experience – managing others and/or leading projects (or completed leadership training)
- Project management experience with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Presentation skills – ability to present to stakeholders/clients (phone, in-person, and virtually)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with stakeholders in various positions of different technical backgrounds
- Experience with LabVIEW, NI, and/or within a HIL environment.
- Ability to mentor and coach engineers to develop their skills.
- Familiarity with off-highway vehicles (Ag, Construction, Mining, Military i.e.)
- Experience with data acquisition, embedded systems and/or model-based software development
- Strong organization, planning, and communication skills and the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to employees, clients, and management
- Ability to network, build, and grow client resources
As an employee-owned and operated company at DISTek Integration, we provide the best total solution to solve our clients’ biggest challenges in the software development lifecycle of electronic control systems found in mobile equipment within industries such as agriculture, construction, and mining. We partner with our clients to design smarter, safer, and more sophisticated machines and their electronics systems. As experts in our core competencies of Modeling & Simulation, Embedded Software Development, and SIL/HIL simulators, we pride ourselves in delivering innovative solutions to complex problems targeting the off-highway vehicle market. With several offices throughout the upper Midwest area, we can support our clients throughout the United States as well as those all over the globe.