Founded in 1926, Manufacturing Technology, Inc. (MTI) remains a family-owned South Bend, IN headquartered business which is currently operated by the 4th generation of the family. MTI is the global leader in friction welding solutions with locations in the United States, United Kingdom, Slovakia and a majority-owned facility in India. Leveraging the outstanding MTI reputation and our strong customer relationships, MTI has developed a significant global presence as provider of critical friction welding solutions for Aerospace / Astrospace, Automotive, Military, Oil & Gas and Mining industries and boasts customers such as NASA, Boeing and large tier 1 automotive suppliers such as Rolls-Royce. We are known as an independent, nimble, and fast responding partner for customized solutions. With over 250 global employees MTI generates over $40M in annual sales. There are three main branches of the business: Friction Welding Machine Build, Resistance Welding in Europe and Contract Friction Welding.
As our influence expands, we are searching for a highly skilled and strategic minded Supply Chain Manager to join our team of exceptionally dedicated and inter-connected professionals in an exciting and rewarding technically advanced company.
This role reports directly to the Director of Operations. The Supply Chain Manager leads and manages MTI’s supply chain management, providing leadership to achieve strategic cost containment using a multidisciplinary approach. The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the company's overall supply chain, inventory, logistics strategy, Inspection, and operations to maximize process efficiency, productivity, and cost savings. Additionally, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers and distributors. This manager will also contain costs by providing guidance and oversight of the activities of the Vendor Management functions. Our Supply Chain Manager will develop and maintain a strategic plan, establish metrics and maintain supply chain data and facilitate the process of procurement.
Location: South Bend, IN
MTI is a company in significant growth, and rapid development in terms of globalizing and becoming best in class. MTI is looking for driven, collaborative, and innovative people to help us achieve our goals.
The Supply Chain Manager with MTI evaluates performance data and business forecast to ensure proper demand planning, purchasing, transportation and inventory management and develops supply chain policies/procedures to support the organization.
- Responsible for selection, supervision, and development of department personnel
- Develop and enforce departmental policies and procedures
- Ensure departmental goals are met inclusive of Business Process and Quality Management System metrics
- Report Cross Functional impacts of procurement, supervising of active projects incorporating supply chain data and visibility for required adjustments.
- Management and supervision of Up-Front Planning functions and process as defined by MTI’s Operations team
- Develop/Manage/Monitor supplier qualifications and performance
- Ensure compliance to ISO, AS9100, and NADCAP certifications
- Supplier Management via Quality Control By Design (QCBD) software system
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key suppliers that enable the supply chain development required for efficient and effective operations
- Develop and sustain collaboration between departments to identify issues and close operational and business process gaps
- Create, implement, and optimize strategies to increase departmental, cross-functional, and supply chain efficiency
- Identify and implement process improvement
- Actively participate in global strategic development
- Facilitate negotiation for major purchases or service agreements as necessary
- Manage closed loop purchasing, inventory control, scheduling, inspection, and material staging
- Ability to read blueprints/drawings with understanding/knowledge of Geometric Tolerancing Techniques.
- Understanding/working knowledge of EPDM packages (Solidworks).
- Experience in ISO 9000 and AS9100 regulations
- Demonstrated ability to train and mentor employees
- Experience with safety and procedural best practices in Supply Chain Management
- Experience with sourcing and vendor management
- Experience with ERP programs (enterprise level preferred)
- Experience in inventory management and control, purchasing, parts distribution, procurement negotiations, supply chain logistics, global purchasing, operations and / or quality is highly desired
- Excellent knowledge of machining and cost estimating.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and achieve set targets.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle emergency/stressful situations.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid drivers’ license in good standing
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in manufacturing / engineering field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years' experience in manufacturing in a leadership role
- 4+ years' experience in supply chain management
- Demonstrated proficiency in a collaborative and proactive management style
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to prioritize assignments and multi-task under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to identify and deal with issues proactively and persistently
- Results oriented
- Independent and outgoing personality with a positive mindset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance
Job Type: Full-time
This is not a remote position. This position requires your onsite presence.
- 401(k) matching
- Health Insurance
- H.S.A. with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Flexible working schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off, new hires receive 20 days per year
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid short term disability
- Continuing Education: Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary uniform service
- EV charging station for employees
- Day shift
MTI is a privately held company headquartered in South Bend, Indiana, specializing in transformational, custom-engineered joining solutions for manufacturing processes. Our leading-edge expertise is available on site worldwide. An ISO 9001, AS9100, and NADCAP registered company, we also provide contract welding services at our 115,000 SF facility in South Bend, as well as at MTI Welding Technologies, Ltd. in Kingswinford, England.
Here is link to everything great about South Bend, Indiana: http://www.ci.south-bend.in.us/
MTI is a EOE/Affirmative Action and Drug Free Workplace.