East Central College has opening for a full-time Administrative Assistant for the Rolla location responsible for performing a variety of advanced administrative, confidential, technical, and administrative support services to the Director of ECC-Rolla.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of an Associate’s degree and two years full-time administrative support experience; four years preferred.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Greet visitors, students, and/or employees and respond to inquiries, requests for information and provide assistance.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees at the Rolla Site and at the Main Campus in Union to facilitate carrying out instructions involving other departments, transmitting information accurately and tactfully.
- Maintain office files and other appropriate records.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Perform general clerical duties including organizing, filing, shredding and photocopying documents and files, etc.
- Compose written correspondence and materials; create and update all departmental forms; prepare minutes, reports, statistical data.
- Responsible for answering phones, responding to voice or e-mail messages, as well as sending and receiving faxes.
- Initiate, process and track departmental forms such as purchase orders, personnel requisitions, travel authorization forms, supply requisitions, printing requests, travel expense reimbursement vouchers.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, send out meeting notices, arrange for catering services, make travel arrangements, and maintain the department calendar.
- Manage distribution of all incoming and outgoing mail; screen and respond as necessary. Assemble attachments and corresponding material. Review outgoing material for completeness, dates, and signatures.
- Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Process all Rolla room reservations and maintain Rolla specific reservation calendar.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Minimum starting rate: $13.71/hour. Salary will commensurate with experience. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.