The Desktop Support Technician will manage day to day IT issues with desktop, laptops, peripherals, Android/iOS, AD, Office365, VPN access and other basic IT services. Basic MS Office application support. They will respond to queries either in person, via email, remote support application, or over the phone. Track tickets using ServiceDesk software. Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
This person must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized, have the ability to track multiple tasks, and communicate effectively with non-technical staff.
What We'll Bring to the Table
- Competitive salary
- Clear opportunities for progression
- Company funded professional educational program
- Generous benefits including PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with match
- Friendly, dynamic work environment
- Visible management commitment to our company core values of: Diversity & Inclusion, Environmental, Community and Employee Wellbeing, Excellent Work Product, Innovation, Integrity and Superior Customer Experience
What You'll be Doing
- Being the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, in person or via email
- Walking customers through the problem-solving process by using remote troubleshooting diagnostic techniques and asking pertinent questions
- Tracking, routing and redirecting problems to correct resources
- Addressing issues daily on Company security systems, the LAN/WAN, telecommunications, and voice systems
- Installing and maintaining updates for new software and hardware
- Installing operating system releases to insure compatibility
- Assisting with the procurement of equipment and management of inventory of servers, desktops, laptops, printers, IP phones and other devices
What You'll Bring to the Table
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university or technical degree preferred
- At least two years of progressive experience in the field or in a related area
- Proficiency in Microsoft operating systems and products
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and multitasking skills especially with the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Hardware, software and network troubleshooting experience
- Experience with LAN/WAN
- Ability to work with discretion and confidentiality
- Professional certifications such as CCNA, Security+ and Microsoft365 are a plus
Founded in 1994, Perr&Knight provides insurance consulting and software solutions to the property & casualty and accident & health industries. Services include actuarial consulting, product development, insurance policy and forms consulting, regulatory compliance, state filings, licensing, technology consulting, statistical reporting, data services, and predictive analytics. Software includes StateFilings.com, a leading cloud-based state filings management solution. With offices in Santa Monica, Boca Raton, the New York Metro Area, Fort Worth, and Cincinnati, and more than 130 insurance professionals, Perr&Knight is among the largest independent actuarial and insurance consulting firms in the United States.
Our mission as an actuarial and insurance operations consulting firm is to provide extraordinary value to our clients by offering innovative and unique solutions to complex challenges they face while providing a positive and motivating work environment for our employees that respects diversity and recognizes ingenuity and hard work.