As a Prototype Electrical Engineer, you will work with design engineers to support the development of our vehicle’s electronics. As part of the Prototype Build/Vehicle team, you will work as a critical thinker, expeditor, problem-solver, and team player. You will utilize engineering tools and applications to design prototype components. You play a critical role in the design and development of future Aptera products. You will work cross-functionally with other Aptera teams to accommodate appropriate component interfaces and design for manufacturability.
● Perform diagnosis and repair of ECUs and PCBs, including prototypes and test bench setups
● Communicate directly with engineers, manager, and other technicians to ensure a high level of
● Maintain detailed records of all work performed
● Create documentation for evolving test and assembly processes
● Rework printed circuit boards in accordance with engineering specifications, standards, and/or
● Be familiar with a soldering iron, harnessing, and troubleshooting of vehicle electrical systems
Aptera designs electric vehicles with extreme efficiency, using low-drag aerodynamics inspired by nature, able to travel 1,000 miles on a single charge and power themselves just by being parked in the sun. Aptera's purpose, our drive, is to bring freedom to people and the planet, and that's what keeps us accelerating into the future.