Would you like the exhilarating opportunity to sell quality products and services used for agricultural, forestry, and construction industries? This position is instrumental in increasing the company’s marketability and overseeing the continued growth in the area of custom embedded software and systems solutions. The Sales Engineer will work alongside team members to develop sales opportunities of our services and products. We provide a high-tech, challenging, and productive work environment while still retaining a small business atmosphere. If you are seeking a continuous learning environment, are willing to enthusiastically contribute to our ongoing success and are ready to take the next step in your career, then we look forward to hearing from you! This position would allow you to work from home or out of one of our four office locations.
As our Sales Engineer, the primary responsibilities will be developing new business opportunities with potential clients, as well as maintaining positive business relationships with established clients. This position is instrumental in the company’s goals to expand our client base, with specific focus on market penetration in Wisconsin and Northern Illinois for all types of engineering services we provide to the on highway and off-highway market. You will report to the Director of Sales and work alongside team members to develop sales opportunities for our DISTek engineering teams. You will use your interpersonal, organizational, planning, and communication skills to present complex technical information in a clear, concise, and personable manner to clients, employees, and management. The ability to gather, develop, and translate customer requirements into product solutions will allow you to effectively develop and present sales presentations, proposals and proof-of-concepts.
To be successful you will pull from your technical knowledge and sales experience. Your high degree of self motivation will allow you meet your commitment to deadlines. It is important to maintain positive business relationships and have the ability to identify new business opportunities by virtue of research, data mining, telephonic (cold calling), and digital media outreach.
Key skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of a 2-year technical degree or work equivalency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Knowledge of sales and advertising principles, strategies, and techniques.
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, planning, and communication skills.
- The ability to present complex technical information in a clear, concise and personable manner to customers, employees and management.
- Proficiency with Office 365, MS Office products, and cloud services.
- Ability to travel 40% of the time or as required.
Other desired skills:
- 4-year business degree or STEM related (engineering, computer science).
- Ability to present relevant and captivating information to stakeholders and customers.
- Documented sales history in achieving and exceeding quotas.
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with off-highway vehicles.
- Technical background and experience.
As an employee-owned and operated company at DISTek Integration, we provide the best total solution to solve our clients’ biggest challenges in the software development lifecycle of electronic control systems found in mobile equipment within industries such as agriculture, construction, and mining. We partner with our clients to design smarter, safer, and more sophisticated machines and their electronics systems. As experts in our core competencies of Modeling & Simulation, Embedded Software Development, and SIL/HIL simulators, we pride ourselves in delivering innovative solutions to complex problems targeting the off and on-highway vehicle markets. With several offices throughout the upper Midwest area, we can support our clients throughout the United States as well as those all over the globe.