East Central College has an opening for a full-time Technical Support Coordinator responsible for supporting all aspects of the day-to-day operations of technical services in computer labs and classrooms. The position has full responsibility for the instructional technology that exists in virtually all campus classrooms and off campus locations. In addition, the position continues to have responsibility for the instructional computer labs.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Completion of bachelor degree; one year related experience
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Supervise all personnel assigned, recommending selection, retention, promotion and discharge as appropriate.
- Develop and manage the department budget, approving all expenditures.
- Communicate closely and cooperate with information technology technicians.
- Create and maintain software images for computer labs and classrooms.
- Support hardware maintenance in computer labs and classrooms.
- Purchase and install new instructional technology equipment.
- Research, test, and deploy software updates and new applications.
- Communicate closely and cooperate with faculty to address their needs.
- Help desk duties for student access to campus network resources.
- Train faculty and staff in use of classroom instructional technology.
- Scan for new classroom and instructional technologies and review their applicability to ECC.
- Maintain classroom instructional technology inventory.
- Assist in maintaining stock & inventory of all assigned equipment, supplies, and software, requesting computer-related equipment as necessary.
- Assist in assuring compliance with the college's acceptable use policy in the lab setting.
- Occasional monitoring and analysis of student open lab use and traffic trends.
- Assist in scheduling and preparation for special events that require some level of access to labs or classroom technology.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Minimum starting salary: $43,923; will commensurate with experience. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.