East Central College has an opening for a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist responsible for performing a variety of general accounting tasks related to the processing and maintenance of accounts payable records, invoices, student refunds, reimbursements, vendor statements, 1099’s and financial reports. Serve as backup to the Payroll Specialist position.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of Associate degree, prefer business or accounting and two year’s related experience.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Review invoices and expense forms for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment through ESM
- Process purchase orders with invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Process student refunds, Direct loans, Pell grants, etc.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research, and correct discrepancies.
- Reconcile cashed checks on monthly bank statement.
- Assist with tracking and maintaining documentation for fixed assets and inventory items.
- File, maintain, and distribute accounting documents, records, and reports.
- Maintain digital accounts payable files through Perceptive Content each month.
- Manage credit card invoice and paperwork every month.
- Process and code the VISA purchasing credit card each month.
- Process all employee phone reimbursements each month.
- Respond to vendor and employee questions regarding invoices, purchase orders, requisitions, or payments in a timely manner.
- Prepare fixed asset capitalization backup.
- Compilation of information needed to apply for state and federal reimbursements.
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Match invoices to checks and distribute checks accordingly.
- Prepare and process 1099s for vendors each calendar year and maintain accuracy.
- Calculate and pay the Missouri Sales Tax.
- Sort and process incoming mail ensuring all necessary paperwork is included.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Salary will commensurate with experience. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.