San Francisco's premier provider of ferry and water excursions is looking for a Temporary Relief Vessel Engineer
Come join San Francisco's premier provider of ferry and water excursions on San Francisco Bay. We are looking for a temporary relief Vessel Engineer to be part of an expert team of skilled engineers who perform ongoing vessel and facility repairs for Blue & Gold Fleet using your working knowledge of diesel engines, pumps, hydraulics, pneumatic systems, marine sanitary devices and propulsion systems – prop and water jet. Join our team today!
- Perform assigned vessel and facility repairs, including but not limited to: diesel engines, reduction gears, electrical, hydraulic, sanitary and pneumatic systems and deck related repairs.
- Ensure vessels are in USCG compliance at all times.
- Troubleshoot machinery and equipment failures and perform hands-on repairs.
- Recommend repairs based on trouble-shooting abilities.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all vessels and maintain accurate records.
- Perform preventative maintenance of shop vehicles.
This is a temporary relief/day worker union position. Union fees via Master, Mates, Pilots Union will apply.
Position requires working in multiple locations.
Blue & Gold Fleet is the premier provider of ferry and water excursion services on San Francisco Bay, offering the famous one-hour Bay Cruise Adventure, 90-minute Escape from the Rock Cruise and a Sunset Cruise featuring Bay Lights. The company provides regular ferry service to Sausalito, Tiburon, Angel Island, Vallejo, Alameda/Oakland, Harbor Bay, Richmond and Oracle Park on San Francisco Giants game days. Blue & Gold Fleet carries approximately 4 million passengers annually and operates a fleet of 20+ vessels.
Blue & Gold Fleet is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Blue & Gold Fleet will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For more information visit: https://sfgov.org/olse/fair-chance-ordinance-fco.