Starting Salary Range: $8,052 - $10,468 per month DOE, plus benefits
This position will remain open until filled with priority given to applications received by 5:00PM, Tuesday, June 7, 2022
Everett Housing Authority is offering a $1,000 hiring incentive at the time of hire for all external candidates.
Everett Housing Authority Mission Statement: The Everett Housing Authority creates affordable housing, fosters healthy communities where households thrive, and replaces systemic racism with equity for all.
All EHA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the health and safety of the community we serve and our employees. Upon acceptance of an offer of employment, a prospective hire must submit a certificate of vaccination to the Human Resources Department.
Looking for an opportunity to work for an organization that really makes a difference in the lives of others? Look no further. We have a great opportunity for a qualified person to become a Deputy Director of Finance.
If you’re looking for a great benefits package we have that as well!
- Accrue up to 22 vacation days in your first year of employment;
- 13 paid sick leave days;
- 12 paid scheduled Holidays plus 1 additional Floating Holiday per year;
- Medical Insurance;
- Dental Insurance;
- Life Insurance;
- Long Term Disability Insurance;
- State Retirement Fund;
- Flexible work schedule,
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Wellness Program;
- Tuition reimbursement.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Deputy Director of Finance will plan, organize, review, and direct Finance Department work related to development, acquisition, asset management, and other agency wide financial initiatives. Provide leadership for EHA’s audit and agency wide external financial reporting processes. Work with the Director of Finance to direct and oversee a broad range of departmental functions including department strategy and change management, agency wide financial strategy, and agency development, acquisition, and financing activities. Work with senior leadership to implement EHA’s strategic plan and accomplish agency objectives. Evaluate department requirements and direct or assign work for new projects and initiatives. Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel, including supervisory positions. This work will play an important role in accomplishing EHA’s mission to create affordable housing, foster healthy communities where households thrive, and replace systemic racism with equity for all.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are illustrative only (i.e., not all inclusive)
Required Workplace Standards:
1. Works regular and reliable hours on site or remotely as required;
2. Attendance must be punctual and consistent;
3. Works an agreed-upon schedule and works additional hours as necessary to complete work;
4. Works effectively, cooperatively and respectfully with co-workers, clients, and other contacts;
5. Follows all EHA Safety Policies and Procedures;
6. Follows all EHA Personnel Policies and Procedures;
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. In partnership with the Development Department, review and evaluate complex financial models and strategies for potential EHA projects including Low Income Housing Tax Credit partnerships and other affiliate organizations.
2. Play key roles in the formation of limited partnerships and other EHA affiliates. As required, monitor and guide the dissolution or restructuring of limited partnerships.
3. Conduct or direct and oversee other financial work related to development including due diligence, cost certifications, securing equity installments, conversion of debt, construction close out and other related accounting transactions.
4. Collaborate with the Directors of Asset Management and Finance to provide financial oversight to ensure the health of existing assets including potential asset disposition, capital needs planning and funding analysis, and coordination with community stakeholders as needed.
5. Conduct, direct and/or delegate the processes and preparation of work papers and analysis needed to ensure completion of work for the annual audits of EHA, partnerships, and affiliates. Act as primary agency liaison/contact for audits or delegate where appropriate. Create or delegate creation of the processes and work to prepare agency wide financial statement packages and related reports to ensure accuracy and quality of outcomes.
6. Provide oversight related to financial compliance, requests, and reports to HUD, partners, and other stakeholders. Communicate closely with HUD and oversee and ensure compliance with HUD regulations.
7. Working with the Director of Finance and other staff develop policies, procedures, and practices related to finance, accounting, compliance, and internal controls.
8. Conduct or direct the work of research and implementation of new and updated accounting standards resulting from changes in GAAP or related standards under FASB/GASB. Advise and provide guidance for related transactional accounting.
9. Direct and delegate Finance Department work on special projects, such as implementation of HUD initiatives, technology implementation, Strategic Plan implementation, property conversions, etc.
10. Oversee and direct the work of the Finance Department Accounting team, including supervisory staff, which has responsibility for property accounting, construction accounting, HCV accounting, other grant accounting, external reporting and other accounting functions. Provide mentorship and career guidance, assist staff with organization of work and empower them to create processes and improve efficiency and performance to accomplish the work of the team.
11. Direct and/or perform the preparation and maintenance of a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records and files related to assigned functions or special projects.
12. Participate in and administer procurement of vendors and contracts in assigned areas of responsibility (e.g., External Auditors, banking, etc.).
13. Work closely and in cooperation with the Budget and Operations team to provide information and support in the undertaking of their work.
14. Provide other necessary support to benefit the work of Finance Department goals.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, accounting, or related field of study. Master’s degree and/or CPA designation preferred.
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience in accounting, financial management and analysis, including public finance;
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to use various financial software programs;
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible hands-on experience in business, financial audits and analysis, or housing development.
KNOWLEDGE OF/SKILL IN:
- Auditing principles and practices;
- Financial accounting and reporting;
- Financial statement preparation;
- Experience with governmental and/or non-profit accounting;
- Preferred experience with HUD accounting and HUD chart of accounts;
- Preferred experience with low income housing, especially Low Income Housing Tax Credit projects;
- Familiarity with housing authorities and/or tax credit partnerships;
- Testing and assurance of compliance with federal and local regulations including 2 CFR 200 (Uniform Guidance) cost principles as well as LIHTC compliance;
- Clear understanding of principles of internal control.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Work independently, and direct activities and personnel in assigned functions;
- Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel;
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Maintain records, archive documents according to regulations, and prepare reports;
- Lead and influence others;
- Effectively administer the business activities and programs of the Authority;
- Persuade, negotiate and work effectively with people;
- Communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing;
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others including EHA partners;
- Extract data to create customized reports;
- Effectively plan, organize work and delegate work to meet schedules and timelines.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Active CPA certification preferred.
ADDITIONAL (DESIRABLE) QUALIFICATIONS
- Working knowledge of Yardi property management software;
- Fluency in Russian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Arabic or Spanish language.
The Everett Housing Authority is a progressive agency pursuing its mission with great passion and a high level of professionalism and competence. EHA seeks passionate and optimistic individuals to join our team of highly engaged and satisfied employees committed to assisting those for whom stable and affordable housing is a challenge. EHA’s work has been recognized nationally with awards from NAHRO and Nan McKay. Most recently, EHA received NAHRO’s National Awards of Merit for a fully accessible community garden open to public housing residents and members of the surrounding community and for highly creative financing to convert 333 public housing units to project-based Housing Choice Vouchers and improve these properties with over $20 million in renovations. In addition, EHA received a NAHRO’s National Award of Excellence for a new 20-unit development serving survivors of domestic violence.
Members of our team are rewarded with meaningful work, competitive compensation, employee-friendly policies, a team environment, great benefits, and promotion and bonus opportunities. Please consider joining our team in pursuit of the exciting challenge of meeting the affordable housing needs of Everett and Snohomish County.
The Everett Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer