East Central College has an opening for a full-time HVAC/R Instructor/Program Coordinator responsible for providing effective learning strategies and experiences in the classroom and laboratory for students with diverse interests, abilities, and expectations. Teaching and training duties shall be performed under the direct supervision of the CAO but may be delegated to the Dean and/or Department Chairperson.
The faculty member with this assignment also works under the faculty job description and the Program Coordinator faculty job description.
The anticipated start date is August 2022. The selected candidate will “shadow” train with the retiring Program Coordinator during the fall semester and will assume full responsibility of the program effective January 2023.
This is a 9-month contracted position, August – May. Includes additional month pay for Program Coordinator duties. Full-time benefits year round.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications
- Associate degree in Heating, Ventilation, Air Condition; however, a comparable amount of training, education, certifications or work-related experience may be substituted for the for the minimum qualifications.
- Significant experience in defining, developing, and administering all aspects of HVAC technologies; understanding of energy management systems & HVAC controls prior teaching experience is preferred.
- 3 years of classroom instruction at a secondary or post-secondary institution preferred.
- EPA Certification required.
ESSENTIAL TASKS: Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.
- Teach thirty (30) semester credit hours (or the equivalent in lab, studio, clinical, etc. hours) each academic year.
- Participate in developing course and/or program curriculum, standards and policies in collaboration with core faculty, Dean and/or Department Chairperson.
- Develop course curriculum, handouts, lectures, labs, and presentation and maintain course outlines / syllabi and printed and non-printed instructional materials.
- Coordinate the overall HVAC program activities.
- Exercise leadership in the area of program oversight and curriculum maintenance. Have a broad understanding of the intricacies of the program and its relationship to the local sending schools.
- Evaluate student performance; meet regularly and confer with students regarding their progress in the program.
View HVAC Program Coordinator job description here.
View faculty job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Missouri Public School Retirement System benefits, generous paid leave, ECC tuition waiver for self and immediate family and tuition reimbursement benefits for employee.
Faculty salary will commensurate with education and years of experience. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.