Are you looking for a position at a mission-driven, innovative organization with great benefits? If so, join Boulder Housing Partners! We build, own, and manage affordable housing in the City of Boulder, bringing together staff and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds to accomplish a common goal.
OVERALL JOB OBJECTIVE:
Under general supervision, maintain high occupancy levels for BHP’s Housing Choice Voucher Program by qualifying applicants for eligibility, maintaining a case load of active participants, and processing all recertifications.
- Communication Skills - Able to convey complex information, orally and in writing, in a professional, clear, and concise fashion using correct grammar and punctuation. Understands and practices the principles of effective listening. Strives to constantly improve communication skills.
- Time Management - Organizes time to assure attention to special projects and to day-to-day responsibilities.
- Flexibility - Adjusts to working in different situations and with people who have different work and communication styles.
- Interpersonal Skills - Commits to providing exemplary customer service and working effectively with a wide array of people.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains high occupancy levels for the Housing Choice Program by performing daily operational tasks for a voucher case load consisting of approximately 200 tenant-based vouchers:
- Conducts briefings for participants
- Processes regularly scheduled recertifications
- Performs complex calculation of sources of income, assets, deductions and FSS escrows/disbursements
- Calculates rent and housing assistance payments and escrow deposits
- Conducts inspections and supervises HQS inspector/5% quality control inspections
- Submits 50058s to HUD’s PIC system on time as per HUD timeframes and ensures acceptance into the PIC system of all records, corrects errors if needed
- Initiates and documents repayment agreements
- Maintains tickler files for recertifications and re-inspections
- Performing daily computer data entry and correspondence with clients and landlords.
2. Works with local private landlords in securing and maintaining housing opportunities:
- Conducting landlord outreach opportunities and activities
- Executing HAP contracts with landlords
- Ensuring correct, accurate and timely processing of HAP payments to landlords
- Addressing complaints and issues brought by the landlord
- Working with landlords to enforce program compliance
3. Provides excellent customer service by:
- Coordinating with partner agencies for participant selection and problem resolution
- Problem-solving with landlords and participants when issues arise
- Addressing issues and complaints from participants
- Working with reasonable accommodation issues under 504/ADA law
- Providing guidance and training to other team members as needed
- Working closely with other BHP departments
4. Performs related duties as required by management to meet the needs of BHP.
5. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
6. Takes proper safety precautions, anticipates unsafe circumstances, and acts accordingly to prevent accidents. Responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and equipment. Uses all required safety equipment.
High School diploma or equivalent. Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills. Ability to work independently and to assume responsibility for completion of complex workload without close supervision. Demonstrated time management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work, including the ability to apply detailed guidelines to specific individual cases (as in determining eligibility for federal programs). Basic math skills. Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public. Conflict resolution skills. Sensitivity to people who have special needs, such as the culturally diverse, persons living with a disability, elderly, or chronically mentally ill. Acceptable background information, including criminal history.
Bi-lingual in Spanish and English. Previous experience in federally subsidized housing programs. Experience with Yardi software system.
HIRING RANGE: $19-$21/hour DOQ
Founded in 1966, Boulder Housing Partners (BHP) is known for creative and award-winning approaches. BHP’s goal is to make living in Boulder possible and affordable, regardless of income. We are committed to fostering a healthy sense of community in every property we develop. We are an inclusive organization that operates creatively, decisively, and effectively, with strong and consistent values and an understanding that housing is as much about people as it is about place. We build, own and manage 33% of the total inventory of affordable housing in Boulder, making a strong contribution to City Council's goal that 10% of all housing is permanently affordable.
Our commitment to the organizational stewardship of assets involves fostering a caring and supportive work environment for our most valuable asset - our employees. We realize that our mission can only be realized with a team of dedicated and passionate people. BHP provides professional development opportunities as well as a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays and personal days, as well as retirement benefits. Our culture promotes work-life balance and opportunities to engage in healthy lifestyle activities.
What it’s like to work with us:
If your goal is to help build diverse and inclusive communities by providing homes, creating community and changing lives, consider joining us at BHP. We know our employees are our most important resource, in addition to rewarding and meaningful work we enjoy:
- Medical, dental, vision health plans
- Retirement benefits that includes PERA defined benefit plan plus 401k and 457 plans
- Paid life insurance
- Employee wellness program
- Long term disability
- 13 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training opportunities, and more
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer