Founded in 1926, Manufacturing Technology, Inc. (MTI) remains a family-owned South Bend, IN headquartered business which is currently operated by the 4th generation of the family. MTI is the global leader in friction welding solutions with locations in the United States, United Kingdom, Slovakia and a majority-owned facility in India. Leveraging the outstanding MTI reputation and our strong customer relationships, MTI has developed a significant global presence as provider of critical friction welding solutions for Aerospace / Astrospace, Automotive, Military, Oil & Gas and Mining industries and boasts customers such as NASA, Boeing and large tier 1 automotive suppliers such as Rolls-Royce. We are known as an independent, nimble, and fast responding partner for customized solutions. With over 250 global employees MTI generates over $40M in annual sales. There are three main branches of the business: Friction Welding Machine Build, Resistance Welding in Europe and Contract Friction Welding.
As our influence expands, we are searching for a highly skilled and strategic minded Project Engineer to join our team of exceptionally dedicated and inter-connected professionals in an exciting and rewarding technically advanced company.
Our MTI Project Engineers are responsible for managing projects through design, manufacture, installation, and obtaining final acceptance of friction welders and special tooling and handling equipment from our customers. This process begins with the acceptance of a proposal or purchase order. The project engineer works closely with customers, vendors, and MTI personnel to ensure timely and profitable projects by applying their knowledge of machine design and manufacture where needed. This important role strives to achieve success by following MTI’s Core Values: Purposeful Innovation, MTI Family Company, Stellar Reputation, Customer Intimate, Supported Accountability, and An Environment Where You Are Expected to Contribute and Grow.
Location: South Bend, IN
MTI is a company in significant growth, and rapid development in terms of globalizing and becoming best in class. MTI is looking for driven, collaborative, and innovative people to help us achieve our goals.
- Utilize technical skills and project management expertise to support the completion of Friction Welding machine projects, field installations, customer inquiries, etc.
- Coordinates the planning, creation, development and administration of specific procedures and documentation for activities such as: Pre-Customer Runoff, Factory Acceptance Test, Site Acceptance Test, Machine Verification and Capability Testing.
- Oversee the training and development plans along with the operator and maintenance manuals working with MTI Technical Writer and the development and execution of site installation activities.
- Develop and recommend future technical and/or operational direction and process improvements as related to this function.
- Promote the awareness of project status to the organization and our customers, working with functional leaders to maintain schedules and costs.
- Assist with identification and tracking of critical procurements, aid in supplier expediting, communicating with internal and external customers.
- Develop, follow and continually improve processes and procedures related to machine development through installation
- Use principle of “Plan, Detect, & Adjust” to guide projects from start to finish.
- Budget, Timeline, Procurement, Installation
- Help develop strategies and processes to ensure on-time delivery of equipment, cost reduction opportunities and performance improvements.
- Promotes cultural values and behavior in others (Respectful, Purposeful, Integrity, Collaborative, Adaptable, Positive Attitude, Excellence, Effective Communication, Self-motivated, Responsible, Recognition & Appreciation)
- Mentor and train engineers assigned
- May be involved in the Supervision of project installation at Customer’s site
- May participate in special-tasks groups
- Must conduct oneself with the highest level of professional and ethical standards.
- Good working knowledge of reading mechanical prints and hydraulic/electrical schematics
- Understanding of manufacturing environment, including machining processes, workflow, assembly processes, cycle time and quality and delivery expectations.
- Must have excellent communication & leadership skills
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office products and experience in use of a business system
- Made-2-Manage (M2M) preferred
- Multi-tasking, time management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and understand dimensional tolerances
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. permanently
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Must have 2 years’ experience with Machine Tool-type equipment
- 3-5 years/ experience with industrial equipment
- Four (4) Year Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely associated Engineering discipline
- Demonstrated proficiency in a collaborative and proactive management style
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to prioritize assignments and multi-task under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to identify and deal with issues proactively and persistently
- Results oriented
- Independent and outgoing personality with a positive mindset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Project Management training
- PMP certification
- Use of 3D CAD
Job Type: Full-time
This is not a remote position. This position requires your onsite presence.
- 401(k) matching
- Health Insurance
- H.S.A. with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Flexible working schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off, new hires receive 20 days per year
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid short term disability
- Continuing Education: Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary uniform service
- EV charging station for employees
- Day shift
MTI is a privately held company headquartered in South Bend, Indiana, specializing in transformational, custom-engineered joining solutions for manufacturing processes. Our leading-edge expertise is available on site worldwide. An ISO 9001, AS9100, and NADCAP registered company, we also provide contract welding services at our 115,000 SF facility in South Bend, as well as at MTI Welding Technologies, Ltd. in Kingswinford, England.
Here is link to everything great about South Bend, Indiana: http://www.ci.south-bend.in.us/
MTI is a EOE/Affirmative Action and Drug Free Workplace.