We are currently seeking a talented professional to fill the position of Data Scientist in our Actuarial practice area to work remotely and/or out of our Boca Raton, FL, Jersey City, NJ, Fort Worth, TX, Cincinnati, OH or Santa Monica, CA office.
This position will be under the supervision of a Principal & Consulting Actuary and will be responsible for building various machine learning models to determine pricing and market segmentation opportunities for our insurance industry clients.
What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Competitive salary including merit-based bonus plan
- Flexible Work Program
- Clear opportunities for career progression
- Company-funded professional educational program
- Generous benefits including: PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401K with matching Company contributions
- Friendly, dynamic work environment
- Visible management commitment to our company core values of: Diversity & Inclusion, Environmental, Community and Employee Wellbeing, Excellent Work Product, Innovation, Integrity and Superior Customer Experience
What You'll be Doing:
- Follow best practices to support predictive analytic findings for our insurance clients
- Identify, collect, verify and prepare data for use in modeling engagements
- Develop models and methodologies that predict various business metrics such as: frequency/severity, underwriting selection criteria, and claim settlement patterns
- Develop end-to-end analytic solutions
- Research projects as requested
- Predict model deployment
- Assist in preparing documentation and written reports of findings for discussion and/or presentation to clients
- Create actuarial supporting exhibits for various consulting engagements
- Correspond directly with the clients and Departments of Insurance regarding modeling and actuarial projects
- Utilize various simulation techniques for actuarial support on consulting projects
What You'll Bring to the Table
- Knowledge and understanding of statistical theory, including Generalized Linear Models
- B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited university
- 4+ years experience in property/casualty insurance
- 4+ Actuarial Exams in property/casualty insurance and/or the CSPA designation
- 2+ years experience with statistical and machine learning modeling
- Expertise in R and Python as well as advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience in deploying machine learning models a plus
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with professionals from other disciplines
Founded in 1994, Perr&Knight provides insurance consulting and software solutions to the property & casualty and accident & health industries. Services include actuarial consulting, product development, insurance policy and forms consulting, regulatory compliance, state filings, licensing, technology consulting, statistical reporting, data services, and predictive analytics. Software includes StateFilings.com, which is a leading cloud-based state filings management solution. With offices in Santa Monica, Boca Raton, the New York metro Area, Fort Worth and Cincinnati, and more than 130 insurance professionals, Perr&Knight is among the largest independent actuarial and insurance consulting firms in the United States.
Our mission as an actuarial and insurance operations consulting firm is to provide extraordinary value to our clients by offering innovative and unique solutions to complex challenges they face while providing a positive and motivating work environment for our employees that respects diversity and recognizes ingenuity and hard work.
Perr&Knight is an equal opportunity employer and committed to inclusion and diversity. Perr&Knight does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.