Bunting, located in Newton, KS, a leading manufacturer of magnetic conveying and separation equipment serving a wide variety of industries, has an immediate opening for a Production Painter for 1st Shift.
- Select paint according to company requirements, and match colors of paint following specified color charts.
- Mix paints to match color specifications then stir and thin the paints, using spatulas or power mixing equipment.
- Remove grease, dirt, paint, and rust from surfaces in preparation for paint application, using abrasives, solvents, brushes, blowtorches, washing tanks, or sandblasters.
- Pour paint into spray guns and adjust nozzles and paint mixes to get the proper paint flow and coating thickness.
- Monitor painting operations to identify flaws such as blisters and streaks so that their causes can be corrected.
- Sand vehicle surfaces between coats of paint and/or primer to remove flaws and enhance adhesion for subsequent coats.
- Disassemble, clean, and reassemble sprayers and power equipment, using solvents, wire brushes, and cloths for cleaning duties.
- Spray prepared surfaces with specified amounts of primers and decorative or finish coatings.
- Mask other surfaces with tape or paper to protect them from paint.
- Lift raw materials, finished products, manually or using hoists.
- Dispose of hazardous waste in an appropriate manner.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- High school diploma or GED required
As the industry-leading manufacturer of magnetic technology products, Bunting has developed precision magnetic products for the worldwide printing, automotive, plastics, food, electronics, pharmaceutical and recycling industries for more than 50 years. Our family-owned group of companies manufactures products which serve global markets and include a broad range of magnetic materials and components, magnetic separation systems, material handling equipment, metal detection equipment, magnetic cylinders, bonded magnets, and assemblies.