Does joining a family-owned company in the thriving healthcare real estate development market pique your interest? If you are a Commercial Real Estate Paralegal, we have an opportunity for you to explore!
You will be a part of a collaborative legal team--passionate about enhancing the quality of care and patient access to wellness. Our company culture is rooted in 6 core values. We are family-owned and family-oriented.
Voted “best places to work” by Modern Healthcare for 4 consecutive years, Rendina offers an exciting employee value proposition in a company dedicated to providing quality deliverables to our clients from a meaningful, enjoyable work environment for our employees.
OVERALL JOB OBJECTIVE: We are seeking a Paralegal to backfill for a long-term employee that is retiring. This corporate position will provide legal support on all transactional including construction loans, permanent loans, development of new projects, project leasing, equity financing, corporate formation, title insurance and tax bills, sale closings and maintenance, acquisition of projects, sale of existing projects and document production. This may also include reviewing amendments, leases, subleases or purchase assignments and assisting other departments with non-legal issues as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and assist with due diligence preparation and review (e.g., title, survey, lease review, abstracting documents, estoppels, SNDAs) for acquisitions, development projects, financings, and dispositions
- Assist in preparation of corporate and real estate transaction documents (e.g., LLC agreements, leases, ground leases, PSAs, LOIs, NDAs, closing documents, corporate consents and resolutions, easements, ancillary agreements)
- Coordinate real estate closings (e.g., ensure document collection, execution, delivery; preparation of closing binders)
- Form entities and maintain corporate documentation and formalities (e.g., form entities, obtain EINs, file annual reports, prepare annual consents)
- Issue title commitments under agency agreements, satisfy title requirements, issue final title policies, and maintain title books.
- Assemble due diligence materials in connection with the sale of property, conveyance of entity interests and financing and refinancing of projects.
- Review due diligence materials for pending transactions, including title and survey matters.
- Coordinate/assist in the coordination of real estate closings, loan closings and equity raise closings, including collecting and maintaining all executed documentation.
- Review and process leasing documentation.
- Prepare and file base tax forms.
- Prepare closing binders and abstracts of key documents at the completion of each transaction
- Assist various departments with legal and non-legal matters as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years paralegal experience in a commercial real estate transactions (either in a commercial real estate company/environment or experience in commercial real estate transactions).
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, paralegal studies or a related field. Related programs including a paralegal certification with concentration in real estate
- Microsoft Office
- Strong communication both written and verbal
- Analytical/critical thinking abilities
- Ability to thrive processing high volume transactions
- Attention to detail, while also seeing the bigger picture
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability
- Driven to improve processes
- Takes initiative and ownership
- Asks thoughtful questions
- Excellent communication, research, problem-solving and time management skills
- Ability to build relationships within legal and across departments
- Strong work ethic
Hybrid or 100% in-house preferred
Hiring Range: $70,000 – $90,000 BOE (Plus discretionary annual bonus)
What it’s like to work with us:
We value our employees as our most important resource. In addition to rewarding and meaningful work we enjoy:
- Medical, dental, vision health plans
- Access to Health Savings (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Retirement benefits that includes a 401K plan
- Paid life insurance and ST disability
- Health wellness benefit to promote mind/body/spirit
- Long term disability offered
- Paid holidays per year plus generous annual paid time off (PTO)
- Educational Assistance
Rendina is a full-service, trusted leader in healthcare real estate, and one of the few remaining privately owned and privately funded developers with a national scope. We are a family-owned business defined by 6 core values. We offer an annual discretionary bonus and comprehensive benefits, and have been named as a best place to work by Modern Healthcare for 4 consecutive years. A partner to healthcare providers for 35 years, Rendina has deep industry relationships and has developed more than 8 million square feet of healthcare real estate throughout the country. Our passion is making our clients’ vision a reality. Through flexibility, transparency and a unique approach to scaling a rapidly changing healthcare environment, we deliver comprehensive solutions that connect physicians, hospitals and health systems to communities around the country.