Starting Salary Range: $3,737-$4,486 per month DOE, plus benefits
This position will remain open until filled with priority given to applications received by 5:00 PM, Thursday, July 21, 2022.
Everett Housing Authority is offering a $1,000 hiring incentive at the time of hire for all external candidates.
Everett Housing Authority Mission Statement: The Everett Housing Authority creates affordable housing, fosters healthy communities where households thrive, and replaces systemic racism with equity for all.
All EHA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the health and safety of the community we serve and our employees. Upon acceptance of an offer of employment, a prospective hire must submit a certificate of vaccination to the Human Resources Department.
Looking for an opportunity to work for an organization that really makes a difference in the lives of others? Look no further. Come join our team as an Administrative Assistant - Procurement at the Everett Housing Authority as part of the Finance Department.
If you’re looking for a great benefits package we have that as well!
- Accrue up to 12 vacation days in your first year of employment;
- 13 paid sick leave days;
- 12 paid scheduled Holidays plus 1 additional Floating Holiday per year;
- Medical Insurance;
- Dental Insurance;
- Life Insurance;
- Long Term Disability Insurance;
- State Retirement Fund;
- Flexible work schedule,
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Wellness Program;
- Tuition reimbursement.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under general supervision provides clerical support to the Senior Manager of Procurement, Contracts, and Risk Management, Procurement Manager, and others as necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are illustrative only (i.e. not all inclusive)
1. Works regular and reliable hours on site as required.
2. Attendance must be punctual and consistent.
3. Works an agreed-upon schedule and works additional hours as necessary to complete work.
4. Works effectively, cooperatively and respectfully with co-workers, clients, and other contacts.
5. Follows all EHA Safety Policies and Procedures.
6. Follows all EHA Personnel Policies and Procedures.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Prepares and enters purchase orders and payables in agency software systems for approval by authorized personnel according to Finance, Development, Asset Management, Housing Management and other department needs.
2. Verifies accuracy of invoices after orders have been filled or jobs are completed.
3. Provides support to accounting staff with vendor payments, data entry, reconciliation of vendor statements, opening and distributing mail, and other tasks.
4. Enters invoice data into tracking spreadsheets to ensure contract payments are within budget.
5. Completes data entry of purchase orders and invoices into spreadsheets to track completion of HUD Requisitions, construction draws and other project reimbursements.
6. Completes periodic inventory of the agency’s non-fixed assets according to policy. Updates inventory documents and tracks movement and transfers of assets. Works with accounting staff and other departments to verify location of assets in order to record assets correctly.
7. Acts as Inventory Control Specialist in the event of their absence, assists with their work during periods of high demand. Assists with annual inventory count.
8. Under supervision, assists with development, maintenance, and organization of RFP (Request for Proposals) and other procurement processes.
9. Reviews and maintains contractor and sub-contractor agreements and payroll reports:
- Reviews construction payroll reports for proper wage and benefits per contract requirements, notifies contractor of issues relating to compliance and follows through until corrected.
- Perform on-site contractor and sub-contractor employee interviews, completes Payroll Examinations and other required forms and filings.
10. Under direction, gathers, monitors and compiles information and documentation for reports related to HUD programs such as Section 3, and Women and Minority Business Enterprises.
11. Performs background checks for Contractors, Sub-Contractors and suppliers. Scans insurance documentation to electronic files, reviews BEST insurance ratings, reviews other bid and contract documents for accuracy and maintains records to ensure procurement and contract compliance.
12. Manages and maintains filing system to ensure records are current and complete. Archives records as needed.
13. Performs administrative tasks for other departments including duties such as scheduling and tracking staff training, planning, and coordinating work, taking meeting notes, assisting with committees such as safety, agency events, and ad-hoc teams, preparing presentations and reports, and other administrative tasks as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A High School Diploma or GED;
- Two years of paid experience performing office work, including secretarial work;
- Two years of paid computer work experience with Office 365, focused on Excel
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF OR SKILL IN:
- Excellent composition, grammar, spelling and math skills;
- Creative problem solving
- Understanding and communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Keyboard/Type 40 wpm;
- Manage time and tasks efficiently with limited supervision;
- Speak, write and understand English and follow oral and written directions;
- Proficiently use computer and ten key calculator;
- Perform basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and percentages;
- Develop letters, memoranda and reports using grammatically correct English;
- Organize and work independently in an environment of frequent interruptions;
- Attend to highly detailed work accurately and efficiently;
- Deal with many different, difficult situations and people in a professional manner;
- Be positive, personable and team oriented;
- Be detail and customer service oriented;
- Be a self-starter, developing and maintaining personal schedules to meet deadlines in a dependable manner.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Washington State Driver's license or ability to obtain one within 60 days and good driving record;
- Must be bondable for insurance purposes
ADDITIONAL (DESIRABLE) QUALIFICATIONS
- Purchasing methods and procedures, sources, prices, market factors, product characteristics, and specifications;
- Warehousing and distribution methods and procedures;
- Inventory and stock control record-keeping;
- Knowledge of general accounting principles to include government budget processes
- Prior government work experience
- Two years of maintenance office work
The Everett Housing Authority is a progressive agency pursuing its mission with great passion and a high level of professionalism and competence. EHA seeks passionate and optimistic individuals to join our team of highly engaged and satisfied employees committed to assisting those for whom stable and affordable housing is a challenge. EHA’s work has been recognized nationally with awards from NAHRO and Nan McKay. Most recently, EHA received NAHRO’s National Awards of Merit for a fully accessible community garden open to public housing residents and members of the surrounding community and for highly creative financing to convert 333 public housing units to project-based Housing Choice Vouchers and improve these properties with over $20 million in renovations. In addition, EHA received a NAHRO’s National Award of Excellence for a new 20-unit development serving survivors of domestic violence.
Members of our team are rewarded with meaningful work, competitive compensation, employee-friendly policies, a team environment, great benefits, and promotion and bonus opportunities. Please consider joining our team in pursuit of the exciting challenge of meeting the affordable housing needs of Everett and Snohomish County.
The Everett Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer