Bay Area's premier provider of ferry and water excursions is looking for an entry-level Dispatcher.
This is your opportunity to join Bay Area's premier provider of ferry and water excursions on San Francisco Bay. This position is based in our Alameda location.
If you are looking for a place to set down roots and take the next step in your career with an industry leader, then this may be the right opportunity for you. We encourage go-getters with strong administrative/customer service skills to apply (previous dispatching experience preferred). This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to contribute and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Don't let this opportunity slip away. Apply today!
Acts as an operations communications link funneling information between the appropriate person or group and takes appropriate action.
- Coordinate crew scheduling according to operational needs and in adherence with the current labor contracts.
- Arrange vessel scheduling that will ensure on-time performance and meet operational needs.
- Inform Operations, Ticketing, Engineering, Food and Beverage, Sales and/or Human Resources of any relevant operational, scheduling, and/or employee changes.
- Monitor and respond to radio traffic and answer all incoming telephone calls.
- Maintain accuracy of Passenger Service System, Time and Attendance System and Dispatch Log.
- Inform and coordinate with Operations Management Team as appropriate on any matter which affects the smooth flow of vessel operations, vessel availability, crew problems, accidents, injuries or other abnormal operational matters.
- Notify passengers of schedule changes via Bay Alerts and NextBus messaging.
- Assist captains and crews with operational issues i.e. payroll adjustments and time-off requests.
- Complete reports in a timely accurate manner.
- Maintain professional and congenial relationships with various departments and crews.
- Enter data, including payroll.
- Coordinate all other daily operational matters with the various departments and crews.
- Maintain positive teamwork with all members of the organization.
Successful candidates will start at $23.00-$25.00 per hour (DOE) and will be provided with employee parking.
Blue & Gold Fleet is the premier provider of ferry and water excursion services on San Francisco Bay, offering the famous one-hour San Francisco Bay Cruise and a 90-minute Escape from the Rock Cruise. The company provides regular ferry service to Sausalito, Tiburon, Angel Island, Vallejo, Alameda/Oakland and Harbor Bay, with additional service to the Chase Center and AT&T Park on game days. Blue & Gold Fleet carries approximately 2.75 million passengers annually and operates a fleet of 19 vessels.
Blue & Gold Fleet is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Blue & Gold Fleet will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For more information visit https://sfgov.org/olse/fair-chance-ordinance-fco.