Starting Salary Range: $4,089-$4,826 per month DOE, plus benefits
This position will remain open until filled with priority given to applications received by 5:00 PM, Friday, July 22, 2022.
Everett Housing Authority is offering a $1,000 hiring incentive at the time of hire for all external candidates.
Everett Housing Authority Mission Statement: The Everett Housing Authority creates affordable housing, fosters healthy communities where households thrive, and replaces systemic racism with equity for all.
All EHA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the health and safety of the community we serve and our employees. Upon acceptance of an offer of employment, a prospective hire must submit a certificate of vaccination to the Human Resources Department.
Looking for an opportunity to work for an organization that really makes a difference in the lives of others? Look no further. We have a great opportunity for a qualified person to become an Inventory Control Technician.
If you’re looking for a great benefits package we have that as well!
- Accrue up to 12 vacation days in your first year of employment;
- 13 paid sick leave days;
- 12 paid scheduled Holidays plus 1 additional Floating Holiday per year;
- Medical Insurance;
- Dental Insurance;
- Life Insurance;
- Long Term Disability Insurance;
- State Retirement Fund;
- Flexible work schedule,
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Wellness Program;
- Tuition reimbursement.
SCOPE OF WORK:
This position administers procurement, requisitioning, supplies ordering, contracts and issuing of materials and supplies for the agency. Follows guidance to evaluate market conditions, quality and cost in order to purchase items at the best value consistent with quality standards and Federal, State and Local government laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are illustrative only (i.e. not all inclusive)
Required Workplace Standards:
- Works regular and reliable hours on site as required.
- Attendance must be punctual and consistent.
- Works an agreed-upon schedule and works additional hours as necessary to complete work.
- Works effectively, cooperatively and respectfully with co-workers, vendors, and other contacts.
- Follows all EHA Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Follows all EHA Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Plans, organizes and monitors the purchasing and inventory control operations for the Everett Housing Authority.
- Assists in developing inventory control processes for all rolling stock.
- Orders and maintains inventories of supplies, materials, and equipment in accordance with EHA’s standard procedures. Operates computer terminal for inventory and purchasing purposes.
- Receives and fills requests for supplies and materials from staff and fills orders from stock.
- In compliance with purchasing procedures, requests cost information and availability of supplies and materials from vendors. When appropriate, prepares formal bid specifications as directed.
- Oversees receipt of deliveries of materials, equipment and supplies including of inspection of shipments to ensure quality and to compare packing list to company purchase orders and ensuring that the products in each delivery match the packing list.
- Reconciles invoices to purchase orders for both small and large accounts, and multiple item orders; reviews and processes invoices for materials and supplies through purchase order system to ensure proper monitoring of payments.
- Conducts an annual inventory count, participates in the reconciling and troubleshooting.
- Maintains a clean and orderly inventory room.
- Maintains and updates the MSDS book.
- Observes demonstrations of new products; maintains vendor catalogues and on-line vendor links, and aids in establishing accounts with vendors as necessary.
- Tracks supplier performance as it applies to delivery, quality, and contributions to cost reductions if applicable.
- Prepares purchase orders and payables for approval by authorized personnel.
- Issues supplies and materials by requisition to work order.
- Assists with the annual count of the agency’s physical assets. Will also enter new items in the asset database.
- Provides support to accounts payable staff on vendor payments.
- Keeps inventory control codes current and updated.
- Enters maintenance work orders as needed.
- Tracks minimum and maximum stock levels and reorders as necessary.
- Works with contractors, vendors and suppliers to evaluate purchasing trends and history and generating reports.
- Performs due diligence on contractors/vendors.
- Assists the Sr. Procurement Manager/Procurement Manager in establishing and implementing short and long-range inventory control, operating procedures, policies, objectives, and goals.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A High School Diploma or GED;
- Two years of paid experience performing office work, including administrative support work;
- Two years of paid computer work experience with Office 365, focused on Excel
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF OR SKILL IN:
- Excellent composition, grammar, spelling and math skills;
- Creative problem solving
- Understanding and communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Keyboard/Type 40 wpm;
- Manage time and tasks efficiently with limited supervision;
- Speak, write and understand English and follow oral and written directions;
- Proficiently use computer and ten key calculator;
- Perform basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and percentages;
- Develop letters, memoranda and reports using grammatically correct English;
- Organize and work independently in an environment of frequent interruptions;
- Attend to highly detailed work accurately and efficiently;
- Deal with many different, difficult situations and people in a professional manner;
- Be positive, personable and team oriented;
- Be detail and customer service oriented;
- Be a self-starter, developing and maintaining personal schedules to meet deadlines in a dependable manner.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Washington State Driver's license or ability to obtain one within 60 days and good driving record;
- Must be bondable for insurance purposes
ADDITIONAL (DESIRABLE) QUALIFICATIONS
- Purchasing methods and procedures, sources, prices, market factors, product characteristics, and specifications;
- Warehousing and distribution methods and procedures;
- Inventory and stock control record-keeping;
- Knowledge of general accounting principles to include government budget processes
- Prior government work experience
- Two years of maintenance office work
- Higher level education in a relevant field.
The Everett Housing Authority is a progressive agency pursuing its mission with great passion and a high level of professionalism and competence. EHA seeks passionate and optimistic individuals to join our team of highly engaged and satisfied employees committed to assisting those for whom stable and affordable housing is a challenge. EHA’s work has been recognized nationally with awards from NAHRO and Nan McKay. Most recently, EHA received NAHRO’s National Awards of Merit for a fully accessible community garden open to public housing residents and members of the surrounding community and for highly creative financing to convert 333 public housing units to project-based Housing Choice Vouchers and improve these properties with over $20 million in renovations. In addition, EHA received a NAHRO’s National Award of Excellence for a new 20-unit development serving survivors of domestic violence.
Members of our team are rewarded with meaningful work, competitive compensation, employee-friendly policies, a team environment, great benefits, and promotion and bonus opportunities. Please consider joining our team in pursuit of the exciting challenge of meeting the affordable housing needs of Everett and Snohomish County.
The Everett Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer