Starting Salary Range: $3,491 - $4,175 per month DOE, plus benefits
This position will remain open until filled with priority given to applications recieved by 5:00 PM, Friday, July 22, 2022.
Everett Housing Authority is offering a $1,000 hiring incentive at the time of hire for all external candidates.
Everett Housing Authority Mission Statement: The Everett Housing Authority creates affordable housing, fosters healthy communities where households thrive, and replaces systemic racisim with equity for all.
All EHA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the health and safety of the community we serve and our employees. Upon acceptance of an offer of employment, a prospective hire must submit a certificate of vaccination to the Human Resources Department.
Looking for an opportunity to work for an organization that really makes a difference in the lives of others? Look no further. We have a great opportunity for a qualified person to become an Office Clerk.
If you’re looking for a great benefits package we have that as well!
- Accrue up to 12 vacation days in your first year of employment;
- 13 paid sick leave days;
- 12 paid scheduled Holidays plus 1 addition floating holiday per year;
- Medical Insurance;
- Dental Insurance;
- Life Insurance;
- Long Term Disability Insurance;
- State Retirement Fund;
- Flexible work schedule,
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Wellness Program;
- Tuition reimbursement.
SCOPE OF WORK:
This position provides front line customer service, coordinates and performs services for both the Colby and other Housing Authority offices, and performs various clerical, archival, and data processing functions, primarily for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) and Finance Departments.
REQUIRED FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are illustrative only (i.e. not all inclusive)
Required Workplace Standards:
1. Works regular and reliable hours, either on-site or in a remote work setting, as required;
2. Attendance must be punctual and consistent;
3. Works an agreed-upon schedule and works additional hours as necessary to complete work;
4. Works effectively, cooperatively and respectfully with co-workers, clients and other contacts;
5. Follows all EHA Safety Policies and Procedures;
6. Follows all EHA Personnel Policies and Procedures;
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Functions -- Housing Authority Offices Open to the Public:
1. Provides excellent customer service to a wide variety of participants, both in person and via telephone
2. Retrieves and routes voicemails left on Housing Authority phone system overnight and during workday
3. Assists in processing incoming forms, mail, packages, and other deliveries;
4. Picks up mail from PO Box in the morning, prepares outgoing mail, including periodic departmental mailings (Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) checks, accounts payable checks, etc.) and delivers to post office in the afternoon each business day;
5. Routes faxes and forwards or replies to emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org;
6. Assists with managing archives for HCV and Finance Departments;
7. Assists Finance Department with reconciling invoices, other special projects;
8. Assists HCV Department with end of the month check run and other special projects:
9. Maintains and coordinates service for Colby office postal, folding and copy machines, printers;
10. Coordinates and monitors regular document shredding service for all Housing Authority offices;
11. Coordinates and monitors regular water delivery service for all Housing Authority offices;
12. Manages employee coffee fund and stocks supplies for Colby office;
13. Prepare rooms for meetings as needed;
14. Data entry in Yardi Voyager, Excel, and other system(s) as needed;
15. Ability to scan and organize electronic records;
16. Moves files within Colby office.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR REQUIRED FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent;
- One (1) year of paid computer work experience;
- One (1) year of paid office experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF/SKILL IN:
- Excellent composition, grammar, spelling, and math skills;
- Proficient use of computer including Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Keyboarding speed equivalent to 35 WPM or higher.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Manage time and tasks efficiently with limited supervision;
- Speak and understand English and follow oral and written directions;
- Perform basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and percentages;
- Develop letters, memoranda, newsletters, and reports using grammatically correct English.
Ninety-nine percent of work is performed in an office environment with low noise levels and occasional interruptions. One percent of work is conducted in units, common areas of the building, driving, and in other EHA buildings.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be personally bondable for insurance purposes;
- Valid Washington State driver’s license and an acceptable driving record;
- Fair Housing Certification or ability to obtain within the first six (6) months.
ADDITIONAL (DESIRABLE) QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior front desk/receptionist experience
The Everett Housing Authority is a progressive agency pursuing its mission with great passion and a high level of professionalism and competence. EHA seeks passionate and optimistic individuals to join our team of highly engaged and satisfied employees committed to assisting those for whom stable and affordable housing is a challenge. EHA’s work has been recognized nationally with awards from NAHRO and Nan McKay. Most recently, EHA received NAHRO’s National Awards of Merit for a fully accessible community garden open to public housing residents and members of the surrounding community and for highly creative financing to convert 333 public housing units to project-based Housing Choice Vouchers and improve these properties with over $20 million in renovations. In addition, EHA received a NAHRO’s National Award of Excellence for a new 20-unit development serving survivors of domestic violence.
Members of our team are rewarded with meaningful work, competitive compensation, employee-friendly policies, a team environment, great benefits, and promotion and bonus opportunities. Please consider joining our team in pursuit of the exciting challenge of meeting the affordable housing needs of Everett and Snohomish County.
The Everett Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer