The Padre Hotel is looking to immediately hire qualified, enthusiastic, part-time Maintenance Technicians. We are looking for world-class employees who go the extra mile and create the atmosphere that keeps our guests coming back time and time again.
Located in the bustling Downtown Arts District, Bakersfield’s Historic Padre Hotel is proudly the only Four Diamond hotel in Kern County. Our property offers distinct entertainment venues including a fine dining restaurant, a hip night club, a nostalgically happening bar, and a bustling outdoor bar and lounge, all within a beautifully appointed environment for our guests.
- Preferably 2 – 3 years experience in building maintenance/repair.
- Technical training in HVAC, electrical or building maintenance preferred.
- Possess good electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Able to read blueprints, wiring schematics and technical manuals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with the public and other team members.
Example of Duties (this is a sampling and not an all-inclusive list):
- Conduct daily preventive maintenance on all electrical mechanical equipment and systems.
- Conduct daily preventive maintenance on all plumbing fixtures in and around public areas and guest rooms.
- Conduct all equipment walk-thru inspections, readings and logs as requested by management. These must be kept in an organized location as designated by management.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a “Usage and Repair Log” and keep it current.
- Frame, hang, patch and texture drywall and stucco walls.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of assigned shops, mechanical areas, tool carts and tools.
- Maintain all equipment in first class condition at all times.
- Always work in a safe and orderly manner.
- Track all associated inventory and maintain established inventory level.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees must have flexible availability and be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
This venue is operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep. In return, we offer competitive wages and caring, attentive management personnel. Employees are eligible for generous discounts at all venues operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep.
The Padre Hotel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Padre Hotel complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Padre Hotel utilizes E-Verify to confirm all hired applicants’ right to work in the USA.