Our Enterprise Software Services Unit is seeking a Sr. Front End Engineer to join our team and help pioneer Perr&Knight’s innovative next generation web platform and SaaS applications.
What We'll Bring to the Table
- Competitive salary including merit-based bonus plan
- Flexible Work Program
- Clear opportunities for career progression
- Company-funded professional educational program
- Generous benefits including: PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401K with matching Company contributions
- Friendly, dynamic work environment
- Visible management commitment to our company core values of: Diversity & Inclusion, Environmental, Community and Employee Wellbeing, Excellent Work Product, Innovation, Integrity and Superior Customer Experience.
What You'll be Doing
- Working in tandem with our product and design team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solution for the company
- Defining and documenting best practices and strategies regarding application front end code
- Providing guidance and mentorship to front end development teams to build best looking business software
- Ensuring application performance and scalability while maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
- Liaising with the off-shore front end development team
- Participating in all aspects of the software development life cycle, including planning, requirements, development, and testing
- Troubleshooting incidents, identifying root cause, fixing and documenting problems, and implementing preventative measures
- Educating the team on the implementation of new front end technologies
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
- Empathizing with our users and championing for their experience
- Using data-driven approach for product decisions
What You'll Bring to the Table
- Expert level of experience and understanding of Angular
- Expert level experience with RESTful APIs, Cross browser Compatibility, Responsive UI
- Application deployment on cloud (preferably AWS)
- Experience working in devops model with CI/CD using tools like Git, Jenkins, SonarQube
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Experience with Git, unit testing, debugging, profiling, Visual Studio, JIRA, and other tools that are typically used by developers on Microsoft technology stack
- Angular certifications are a plus
- AWS certifications are a plus
Founded in 1994, Perr&Knight provides insurance consulting and software solutions to the property & casualty and accident & health industries. Services include actuarial consulting, product development, insurance policy and forms consulting, regulatory compliance, state filings, licensing, technology consulting, statistical reporting, data services, and predictive analytics. Software includes StateFilings.com, which is a leading cloud-based state filings management solution. With offices in Santa Monica, Boca Raton, the New York metro Area, Fort Worth and Cincinnati, and more than 130 insurance professionals, Perr&Knight is among the largest independent actuarial and insurance consulting firms in the United States.
Our mission as an actuarial and insurance operations consulting firm is to provide extraordinary value to our clients by offering innovative and unique solutions to complex challenges they face while providing a positive and motivating work environment for our employees that respects diversity and recognizes ingenuity and hard work.
Perr&Knight is an equal opportunity employer and committed to inclusion and diversity. Perr&Knight does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.