East Central College has opening for a full-time Office Assistant responsible for performing a variety of office tasks which provide clerical support to the assigned division (Humanities & Fine & Performing Arts, Box Office), including ticket sale transactions and distribution of tickets for all college events.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of High School or GED
- 1 year related experience
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Maintain inventories & records for departments and accreditation, including supporting compliance recommendations (NASM & NASAD).
- Maintain inventory of musical Instruments, keep digital files and instrument liability forms, plus monitor instrument lockers.
- Perform typing, word process, or data entry tasks involving preparation of letters, reports, and forms.
- Prepare and distribute department meeting minutes.
- Coordinate meeting, appointment schedules or event calendars.
- Order office supplies.
- Compile information for posters, programs, etc. and assist with social media representation for the humanities and fine and performing arts departments. Create program for fine arts events.
- Contact students regarding class cancellations and changes in course offerings as directed by the Office of Arts & Sciences.
- Communicate with internal/external event representatives about ticketing, ushers, or front of house needs in order to prepare for facilities requirements.
- Assist with all music events including financial transactions, recital programs, and organization of events.
- Take reservations by telephone and, occasionally, in person relating to events.
- Assist as needed in setting up, running or cleaning up after events.
- Assist with resolving issues with ticketing to the satisfaction of customers/patrons.
- Serve as a backup position for basic lighting and sound events in the theatre.
- Support faculty in assessment needs and collections, including curriculum mapping, annual reportion, comprehensive reviews, and self-study requirements for external accreditors.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Missouri Public School Retirement System benefits, generous paid leave, ECC tuition waiver for self and immediate family and tuition reimbursement benefits for employee.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.