East Central College has an opening for a full-time Assistant Network & Systems Manager responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, inventory, and security of technical resources, which includes servers, network systems, and infrastructure. Provide support and connectivity for all application software installed in classrooms, computer laboratories, offices, and work areas.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Associate Degree in Computer Science; four years directly related experience
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Install, configure, and maintain servers, network systems, and infrastructure in accordance with established standards and procedure
- Perform the installation, upgrade, and maintenance of software applications and suites; ensure compliance with license agreements and copyright legislation
- Provide support, diagnose, and resolve issues reported to the Help Desk by clients on the network
- Advise the Network and Systems Manager of technical issues and consult with vendor support agencies to resolve problems and determine equipment requirements
- Implement software utilities, install hardware devices, and develop procedures to ensure the security and reliability of equipment, software, and data resources
- Acquire and maintain requisite technical skills through in house and outside training to accurately diagnose and resolve problems and concerns associated with computer network hardware and software
- Compile on-line and hardcopy operational, procedural, and informational documentation sets for equipment standards, configuration, inventory, troubleshooting, and repair procedures
- Administer Windows Server 2008 and higher, VMware 4.0 or higher, Exchange Server 2010 or higher.
- Implement and maintain incoming Ellucian software pertaining to Datatel.
- Lead and coordinate the administration, maintenance, and optimization of the network infrastructure including firewalls, load balancers, and other network systems that are implemented.
- Maintain and enhance the network security policies of the client including monitoring of perimeter security ensuring availability, integrity, and confidentiality of information at the client site
- Maintain and implement databases throughout the network
- Perform system configurations (such as configuring network protocols, configuring disks in arrays, loading kernels, etc.), load application software such as databases and third-party software.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, and other related duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Missouri Public School Retirement System benefits, generous paid leave, ECC tuition waiver for self and immediate family and tuition reimbursement benefits for employee.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Salary schedule can be view here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.