East Central College has an opening for a part-time Technical Support Technician responsible for install, configure, update, troubleshoot and maintain classroom instructional technology hardware, software, and peripherals for the main campus and satellite sites. Provide training and technical support for student, faculty, and staff access to instructional technology resources. Provide support as needed for instructional computer labs during evening hours.
This is a part-time position not to exceed 19.75 hours per week.
Tentative work schedule is Monday - Thursday 2:30pm - 7:30pm
QUALIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- One-year related work experience; negotiable for right candidate
ESSENTIAL TASKS: Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.
- Schedule, monitor usage, setup, maintain, service and inventory classroom technology, audio visual equipment and instructional technology equipment.
- Provide training and technical support to faculty and staff in regards to instructional technology; assist faculty with classroom hardware and software problems as requested.
- Respond to faculty or staff requests for loan of equipment.
- Prepare and maintain training documentation for faculty and staff on the use of classroom technology and presentation systems.
- Install, modify, repair and maintain fixed and mobile classroom interactive audio/video systems used for real-time presentation, course capture, streaming video, and podcasting.
- Identify computer hardware and software malfunctions and perform appropriate repairs to equipment; perform troubleshooting and preventive maintenance as necessary.
- Identify and recommend the replacement/purchase of instructional technology and computer equipment as faculty and staff needs change.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, and standards in a safe and efficient manner, with minimal supervision.
View full job description here
Salary will be commensurate with experience. View salary schedule here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.