The Consulting Actuary will lead actuarial and multi-disciplinary consulting projects for insurance companies, program managers and Insurtechs. The Consulting Actuary’s responsibilities will include preparing and managing the completion of rate level indications, competitive research, rate filing support and reserve analyses, as well as the development of pricing for new products.
What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Competitive salary including merit-based bonus plan
- Flexible work hours
- Clear opportunities for career progression
- Company-funded professional educational program
- Generous benefits including: PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401K with matching Company contributions
- Friendly, dynamic work environment
- Visible management commitment to our company core values of: Diversity & Inclusion, Environmental, Community and Employee Wellbeing, Excellent Work Product, Innovation, Integrity and Superior Customer Experience
What You'll be Doing:
- Developing pricing and rate filing support for Accident & Health Product Development including the development of actuarial memoranda and rate manuals
- Preparing Accident & Health rate interrogatory responses
- Developing budget rates and periodic IBNR reserve valuations for self-insured employee benefits
- Performing various ad hoc projects including feasibility studies and actual-to-expected analyses
- Recommending solutions and/or alternatives to clients
- Corresponding directly with clients on project goals and results
- Performing peer reviews of analyses completed by other consultants
- Preparing proposals for projects to meet clients' needs
- Preparing polished, professional and clear reports to present results/information
- Keeping informed on industry trends, changes in actuarial techniques, etc.
- Invoicing clients
What You'll Bring to the Table
- 6+ years experience working as an actuary in the Accident/Health industry
- ASA or FSA credentials
- Understanding of advanced actuarial concepts
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word and Intermediate Microsoft Access skills
- Ability to think creatively/imaginatively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects with deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to complete tasks with few conceptual/ structural/technical/cosmetic errors
- Prior consulting experience preferred
Founded in 1994, Perr&Knight provides insurance consulting and software solutions to the property & casualty and accident & health industries. Services include actuarial consulting, product development, insurance policy and forms consulting, regulatory compliance, state filings, licensing, technology consulting, statistical reporting, data services, and predictive analytics. Software includes StateFilings.com, a leading cloud-based state filings management solution. With offices in Santa Monica, Boca Raton, the New York Metro Area, Fort Worth, and Cincinnati, and more than 130 insurance professionals, Perr&Knight is among the largest independent actuarial and insurance consulting firms in the United States.
Our mission as an actuarial and insurance operations consulting firm is to provide extraordinary value to our clients by offering innovative and unique solutions to complex challenges they face while providing a positive and motivating work environment for our employees that respects diversity and recognizes ingenuity and hard work.
Perr&Knight is an equal opportunity employer and committed to inclusion and diversity. Perr&Knight does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.