Are you looking for a position at a mission-driven, innovative organization with great benefits? If so, join Boulder Housing Partners! We are a PERA employer and offer great public employee retirement benefits, work-life balance, and flexible schedules.
We build, own, and manage affordable housing in the City of Boulder, bringing together staff and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds to accomplish a common goal.
This is an overnight position with hours from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am.
OVERALL JOB OBJECTIVE:
Under general supervision, the Front Desk staff position monitors Boulder Housing Partners Permanent Supportive Housing property located at 1175 Lee Hill Rd, an apartment complex developed to serve chronically homeless individuals and families. The person in this position will be located at the front desk and will be greeting residents and visitors, monitoring safety and security, and coordinating resident activities. Responsibilities include reporting issues to appropriate personnel and communicating all pertinent information to other staff using a shift report. A professional courteous relationship must be established and maintained with the residents and visitors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitors property at all times for the safety and security of the building and related facilities
- Reports problems or potential problems to appropriate personnel
- Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with the residents and visitors
- Monitors and tracks visitors to the property
- Denies admission to visitors whose presence would create unsafe or hostile conditions
- Works as a team member with other front desk staff to maintain a safe and supportive environment for the residents
- Enforces BHP policies and procedures in a consistent manner
- Completes all required shift paperwork and exchanges pertinent information with other staff members verbally and in the written communication log
- Attends property management meetings as required
- Performs duties which may include answering the phone, answering the door, posting resident messages, assisting residents with basic needs
- Research and schedules resident activities
- Perform Property management related tasks such as renewals, data entry into Yardi (PM software), and other tasks as requested to support leasing efforts
- Performs related duties as required by management to meet the needs of BHP.
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Takes proper safety precautions, anticipates unsafe circumstances, and acts accordingly to prevent accidents. Is responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and equipment. Uses all required safety equipment.
Boulder Housing Partners is committed to hiring employees who provide good customer service; our employees communicate courteously and responsively and provide effective and efficient service to the public and co-workers.
Interest, desire and ability to work with the chronically homeless population. Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing. Ability to remain calm and respond quickly to a crisis. Ability to maintain confidentiality, understands resident rules of occupancy, and can work independently. Must be reliable and dependable. One year direct experience working with veterans, those with disabilities, low-income or homeless individuals is a plus. Experience in Social Services, Apartment Management, Security and/or Customer Service is a plus. Acceptable background information, including criminal history. Willingness to occasionally work early-morning and late-night hours, which may include weekends and/or holidays. Basic computer skills needed. Interest in, or experience with, Property Management and Property Management software a plus. Bilingual/Spanish speakers encouraged to apply.
HIRING RANGE: $18-$21/hour DOQ
Founded in 1966, Boulder Housing Partners (BHP) is known for creative and award-winning approaches. BHP’s goal is to make living in Boulder possible and affordable, regardless of income. We are committed to fostering a healthy sense of community in every property we develop. We are an inclusive organization that operates creatively, decisively, and effectively, with strong and consistent values and an understanding that housing is as much about people as it is about place. We build, own and manage 33% of the total inventory of affordable housing in Boulder, making a strong contribution to City Council's goal that 10% of all housing is permanently affordable.
Our commitment to the organizational stewardship of assets involves fostering a caring and supportive work environment for our most valuable asset - our employees. We realize that our mission can only be realized with a team of dedicated and passionate people. BHP provides professional development opportunities as well as a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays and personal days, as well as retirement benefits. Our culture promotes work-life balance and opportunities to engage in healthy lifestyle activities.
What it’s like to work with us:
If your goal is to help build diverse and inclusive communities by providing homes, creating community and changing lives, consider joining us at BHP. We know our employees are our most important resource, in addition to rewarding and meaningful work we enjoy:
- Medical, dental, vision health plans
- Retirement benefits that includes PERA defined benefit plan plus 401k and 457 plans
- Paid life insurance
- Employee wellness program
- Long term disability
- 13 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training opportunities, and more
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer