East Central College has an opening for a full-time (9 month) Computer Information Systems (CIS) Instructor at the main campus. Faculty are responsible for providing effective learning strategies and experiences in the classroom and laboratory for students with diverse interests, abilities, and expectations. Teaching and training duties shall be performed under the direct supervision of the CAO but may be delegated to the Dean and/or Department Chairperson.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computers Information Systems or Computer Technology with a major in the subject field to be taught or a master's degree in a related field with 18 graduate credit hours in the subject field to be taught; or higher.
- Industry Recognized Certifications (IRC) in Security or other relevant technology is preferred.
- Candidate should be experienced in teaching Career Technical programs however, a comparable amount of training, education, certifications, or work-related experience will be considered. Credentialing requirements for programs with accreditation will take priority.
ESSENTIAL TASKS: Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.
- Teach thirty (30) semester credit hours (or the equivalent in lab, clinical, etc. hours) each academic year.
- With the assistance of the core faculty, Department Chairperson and the Vice President of Academic Affairs, participate in developing course and/or program curriculum, standards, and policies.
- Develop course curriculum, handouts, lectures, labs, presentation, and maintain course outlines/syllabi and printed and non-printed instructional materials.
- Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and current course syllabus.
- Use current technology to enhance instructional and institutional effectiveness including but not limited to computers, computer-assisted instruction programs, audio visual equipment, and be willing to learn and apply any other new technology necessary to enhance learning.
- Schedule, supervise, debrief, and evaluate students in clinical, internships, observations, field experiences, or other similar settings as appropriate for the course or program.
- Participate in course and/or program level assessment including development of learning outcomes and measures, evaluating student performance, and recommending improvement measures.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established board policies, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
To view full job description, click here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Salary will commensurate with education and years of experience.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.