Bunting Magnetics Co. is seeking a Production Services Manager to join our team in Newton, Kansas! The Production Services Manager will be responsible for working with production, sales, and engineering teams in order to plan, organize, and direct staff to deliver optimum customer service in a customer centric culture.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Trace and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Review purchase orders and contracts for compliance with company and departmental policies.
- Collaborates with sales, customer service, and logistics departments to maximize efficiency in the purchasing and inventory control department.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to purchasing and inventory control with a goal to maximize efficiency and optimize workflow.
- Manage process and inventory to reach designated job goals regarding accuracy, productivity, timeliness, and cost-efficiency.
- Work with shop floor supervisors to resolve scheduling issues or shortages to achieve on-time deliveries within company guidelines.
- Develop and implement cross-training and professional development plans for assigned staff within the department.
- Oversee all SOPs and Bunting Quality Manuals, insuring literature is up-to-date and accurate.
- Ensure quality personnel are meeting or exceeding company quality guidelines.
- Make recommendations for capital expenditures regarding improvements in inspection tools, equipment, etc. to General Manager.
- Evaluate and process customer quality audits and information requests.
- Implement and manage a cost effective quality management system that minimizes quality risks to the customer and maximizes product reliability and minimizes costs.
- Supervise assigned production services staff, providing counseling and coaching as needed to ensure performance meets established standards.
- Examine financial data/statements and utilize them to improve profitability and establish overall department budget.
- Suggest and implement cost savings initiatives.
- Implement departmental strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Candidate must possess strong leadership, problem-solving, interpersonal communication, and time management skills.
- Candidate must be familiar with sourcing and vendor management.
- Candidate must possess knowledge of organizational effectiveness and personnel management.
- Candidate must have budget development and oversight experience, as well as familiarity with business and financial principles and practices.
- Candidate must have BS degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or another related field.
- Ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a formal quality management system and performing tasks related to scheduling, quality assurance, job processes, inventory, or other related fields.
The ideal candidate for this position will be experienced with scheduling, quality assurance, job processes, and inventory. The ideal candidate will also have strong leadership skills and problem solving skills.
As the industry-leading manufacturer of magnetic technology products, Bunting has developed precision magnetic products for the worldwide printing, automotive, plastics, food, electronics, pharmaceutical and recycling industries for more than 50 years. Our family-owned group of companies manufactures products which serve global markets and include a broad range of magnetic materials and components, magnetic separation systems, material handling equipment, metal detection equipment, magnetic cylinders, bonded magnets, and assemblies.