Starting Salary Range: $3,986 - $4,784 DOE per month plus benefits
This position will remain open until filled with priority given to applications received by 5:00 PM, Friday, August 19, 2022.
Everett Housing Authority is offering a $1,000.00 hiring incentive at the time of hire for all external candidates.
Everett Housing Authority Mission Statement: The Everett Housing Authority creates affordable housing, fosters healthy communities where households thrive, and replaces systemic racism with equity for all.
Members of our team are rewarded with meaningful work, competitive compensation, employee-friendly policies, a team environment, great benefits, and promotion and bonus opportunities. Please consider joining our team in pursuit of the exciting challenge of meeting the affordable housing needs of Everett and Snohomish County.
All EHA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the health and safety of the community we serve and our employees. Upon acceptance of an offer of employment, a prospective hire must submit a certificate of vaccination to the Human Resources Department.
EHA values diverse perspectives and experiences; people of color, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Everett Housing Authority is a progressive agency pursuing its mission with great passion and a high level of professionalism and competence. EHA seeks passionate and optimistic individuals to join our team of highly engaged and satisfied employees committed to assisting those for whom stable and affordable housing is a challenge.
If you’re looking for a great benefits package we have that as well!
- Accrue up to 12 vacation days in your first year of employment;
- 13 paid sick leave days;
- 12 paid scheduled Holidays plus 1 additional floating holiday per year;
- Medical Insurance;
- Dental Insurance;
- Life Insurance;
- Long Term Disability Insurance;
- State Retirement Fund;
- Flexible work schedule,
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Wellness Program;
- Tuition reimbursement.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Business Partner, the Human Resources Assistant (HRA) supports the HR team by performing a range of clerical and administrative tasks. The HRA provides efficient assistance with most functions of the HR Department, including employee recruitment, onboarding, training, benefits administration, and so on. The HRA conducts their work in a professional manner, contributes to positive employee relations, provides excellent customer service, and works to improve process in the Department. The HRA protects the confidentiality of all information received and created in the HR Department. The HRA supports the Department’s efforts in increasing diversity of EHA’s workforce and supporting inclusive and equitable outcomes for all.
- Assists with employee recruitment by scheduling candidate interviews and testing, setting up interview and testing rooms and equipment, copying and distributing interview questionnaires and related materials, and obtaining employer references and other, background checks.
- Assists with online and EHA website posting of job openings.
- Assists with onboarding, including administrative and clerical tasks related to new employee orientation (e.g., copying I-9’s, creating appropriate identification) and notifying appropriate IT and Finance staff of new employees’ starting dates.
- Sends required routine communication about new hires to the appropriate union.
- Documents and tracks a variety of information, for example, salary reviews and employee trainings, in appropriate online platforms, databases, and/or Excel,
- Assists with setting up and maintaining folders for new employees, job vacancies, applicants, and so on.
- Sends routine notifications to unsuccessful applicants via online platform as directed by their supervisor.
- Responds to employment verification requests in a timely manner using established form letters.
- Assists with transitioning to and implementing paperless administrative functioning by scanning and uploading all appropriate materials to the HR SharePoint site.
- Performs other duties consistent with the job category as assigned from time to time, for example, answering phones and providing coverage in the reception area.
Required Workplace Standards:
- Works regular and reliable hours on site or remote as required.
- Attendance must be punctual and consistent.
- Works an agreed-upon schedule.
- Works effectively, cooperatively, and respectfully with co-workers, clients, and other contacts.
- Follows all EHA Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Follows all EHA Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years’ experience providing administrative support.
- Administrative experience in an HR environment is desired, but not required.
- An associate’s degree or certification in business, public administration, human resources service, or related field may substitute for one year of the two years’ required full-time work experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF OR SKILL IN:
- Effective verbal and written communication with a diverse audience.
- Basic knowledge of labor laws.
- Hands-on experience with an HRIS or HRMS.
- Familiarity with issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Knowledge of computer software including spreadsheets, databases, MS Word and Excel.
REQUIRED ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to learn and follow basic labor laws.
- Follow oral and written directions accurately.
- Perform basic math skills.
- Use grammatically correct English and ability to learn to communicate professionally in writing and orally.
- Utilize various office machines.
- Manage time and tasks efficiently.
EHA’s work has been recognized nationally with awards from NAHRO and Nan McKay. Most recently, EHA received NAHRO’s National Awards of Merit for a fully accessible community garden open to public housing residents and members of the surrounding community and for highly creative financing to convert 333 public housing units to project-based Housing Choice Vouchers and improve these properties with over $20 million in renovations. In addition, EHA received a NAHRO’s National Award of Excellence for a new 20-unit development serving survivors of domestic violence.
The Everett Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer