Salary Range: $3,737 - $4,486 per month, plus benefits
Two positions available.
These positions will remain open until filled with priority given to applications received by 5:00 PM, Friday, August 19, 2022.
Everett Housing Authority is offering a $1,000 hiring incentive at the time of hire for all external candidates.
Everett Housing Authority Mission Statement: The Everett Housing Authority creates affordable housing, fosters healthy communities where households thrive, and replaces systemic racism with equity for all.
All EHA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the health and safety of the community we serve and our employees. Upon acceptance of an offer of employment, a prospective hire must submit a certificate of vaccination to the Human Resources Department.
EHA values diverse perspectives and experiences; people of color, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
If you’re looking for a great benefits package we have that as well!
- Accrue up to 12 vacation days in your first year of employment;
- 13 paid sick leave days;
- 11 paid scheduled Holidays plus 1 additional floating holiday per year;
- Medical/Dental/Life Insurance/Long Term Disability Insurance;
- State Retirement Fund;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Wellness Program;
- Tuition Reimbursement.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager and other Finance department staff, the Accounting Technician will provide service to the agency by performing accounting and financial tasks related to the business and financial operations of the agency. Accounting Technicians will have primary focus on Accounts Payable (AP) or Accounts Receivable (AR) but will be expected to cross train in both functions. A portion of this work may be completed remotely as agreed upon with Director. This work will play an important role in accomplishing the Everett Housing Authority’s mission: “The Everett Housing Authority creates affordable housing, fosters healthy communities where households thrive, and replaces systemic racism with equity for all.”
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are illustrative only (i.e. not all inclusive)
Required Workplace Standards
- Works regular and reliable hours on site as required;
- Attendance must be punctual and consistent;
- Works an agreed-upon schedule and works additional hours as necessary to complete work;
- Works effectively, cooperatively and respectfully with co-workers, clients, and other contacts;
- Follows all EHA Safety Policies and Procedures;
- Follows all EHA Personnel Policies and Procedures;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Accounts Payable –
- Process accounts payable according to established procedures including opening mailed invoices, distributing statements and AP paperwork as necessary, calculate and create accounting entries associated with AP, data entry, ensuring proper documentation and approvals are completed, reconciling AP totals, and processing, distributing and mailing printed checks and electronic payments;
- Perform calculations, analysis, and reconciliations of vendor accounts, ledgers, and other payable documentation;
- Communicate with internal and external sources in writing and verbally in person or via telephone in a professional manner. Monitor and troubleshoot vendor issues, provide assistance and education to property management and other staff, and provide reports and/or other AP documents as needed to staff;
- Copy, file, and dispose of records according to established procedures. Perform other clerical tasks as needed;
- Train and assist colleagues with accounts payable functions as well as other tasks and special projects. Provide coverage for accounting staff as back up in their absence
2. Accounts Receivable and Tenant Accounting -
ingand/or review Tenant Rent payments, transfers, vacates, other Account Receivable payments, NSF checks, monetary adjustments and prepare bank deposits.
- Monitor and troubleshoot tenant ledgers; provide assistance to property management staff and run reports as needed.
- Monitor and reconcile tenant security deposit ledgers and tenant aged receivable ledgers, when needed.
3. General –
- Manage petty cash and/or employee funds as needed;
- Prepare and maintain financial spreadsheets, schedules and records, perform calculations, analysis, and reconciliations of AP and/or AR accounts, inventories, fixed assets, and other accounts.
- Calculate and create accounting entries and/or Journal Vouchers.
- Perform other data entry tasks, process incoming/outgoing mail, collect and organize data, act as backup support for office machine maintenance, pick up supplies, occasionally drive between EHA sites and other places of business as needed.
- Assist colleagues with other tasks and special projects as needed and provide coverage in their absence.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline and six months of relevant experience.
Associate Degree in Accounting or related field and two years of paid experience in finance, payroll, accounting, budgeting, or similar position.
At least five years of paid accounting experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF/SKILL IN:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
- Excellent communication, composition, grammar, spelling, and math skills;
- Effectively use Microsoft suite of software programs, proficiency in Excel.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Create and utilize complex computerized spreadsheets, correspondence, reports and presentations;
- Utilize computers, devices, software applications, and various office machines;
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and reconcile vendor accounts, tenant accounts and subsidiary ledger accounts;
- Perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy;
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail;
- Manage time and tasks efficiently with limited supervision;
- Professionally and tactfully communicate in English both verbally and in writing, including with co-workers, supervisors, directors, other colleagues, clients, auditors, customers, vendors and the public.
- Understand and follow written and verbal instructions accurately;
- Understand and manage filing and organizing systems;
- Drive a vehicle safely and legally.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Employee is subject to frequent interruptions. Employee will be required to drive to other EHA facilities.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Washington State Drivers License and good driving record;
- Must be bondable for insurance purposes;
- Fair Housing Certification or ability to obtain in the first six months.
ADDITIONAL (DESIRABLE) QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in public sector financial accounting;
- Prior housing authority work experience;
- Prior property management work experience.
- Prior use of accounting software.
The Everett Housing Authority is a progressive agency pursuing its mission with great passion and a high level of professionalism and competence. EHA seeks passionate and optimistic individuals to join our team of highly engaged and satisfied employees committed to assisting those for whom stable and affordable housing is a challenge. EHA’s work has been recognized nationally with awards from NAHRO and Nan McKay. Most recently, EHA received NAHRO’s National Awards of Merit for a fully accessible community garden open to public housing residents and members of the surrounding community and for highly creative financing to convert 333 public housing units to project-based Housing Choice Vouchers and improve these properties with over $20 million in renovations. In addition, EHA received a NAHRO’s National Award of Excellence for a new 20-unit development serving survivors of domestic violence.
Members of our team are rewarded with meaningful work, competitive compensation, employee-friendly policies, a team environment, great benefits, and promotion and bonus opportunities. Please consider joining our team in pursuit of the exciting challenge of meeting the affordable housing needs of Everett and Snohomish County.
The Everett Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer