Are you a customer service rock star looking for a fast-paced and team-oriented work environment? Would you like to be part of the best hospitality venue Bakersfield has to offer? The Padre Hotel is looking to immediately hire qualified, enthusiastic, and professional part-time bartenders who fit the bill!
Located in the bustling Downtown Arts District, Bakersfield’s Historic Padre Hotel is proudly the only Four Diamond hotel in Kern County. Our property offers distinct entertainment venues including a fine dining restaurant, a hip night club, a nostalgically happening bar, and a bustling outdoor bar and lounge, all within a beautifully appointed environment for our guests.
- Minimum of four years working experience in high-volume bars with a focus on customer experience required.
- Must have extensive spirit, beer, and wine knowledge.
- Must have extensive knowledge of food and beverage etiquette, customer relations and service standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to analyze customer needs and assist in resolving any and all customer challenges.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
Example of Duties (this is a sampling and not an all-inclusive list):
- Set up bar according to Padre Hotel standards when opening and at start of shifts.
- Check age verification of any guest under 30 years old who orders an alcoholic beverage. Ability to differentiate between valid and invalid identification.
- Knowledgeable about daily and happy hour specials.
- Mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages according to Padre Hotel recipes.
- Completion of running side work according to Padre Hotel standards.
- Clean-up and re-setting of the bar after completion of service.
- Proper execution of all POS functions including, but not limited to, opening a check, entering items in proper sequence on the correct check, modifying items, adding additional items onto the check, and printing the check.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- ***Hiring preference will be given to those who have the RBS certification.***
- **Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.**
This venue is operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep. In return, we offer competitive wages and caring, attentive management personnel. Employees are eligible for generous discounts at all venues operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep.
The Padre Hotel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Padre Hotel complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Padre Hotel utilizes E-Verify to confirm all hired applicants’ right to work in the USA.