The PIER 39 accounting team is seeking an entry level General Ledger Accountant with strong reasoning abilities, communication and technical skills. The successful candidate must be detail oriented and apply their accounting knowledge of policies and procedures to complete month-end close tasks. This position offers an opportunity for professional growth through teamwork and cross-training.
- Prepare monthly and year-end closing journal entries.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Research and resolve outstanding variances for account reconciliations.
- Prepare and distribute monthly accounting management reports and financial reporting packages.
- Provide timely and accurate accounting information to department managers and staff.
- Prepare year-end supporting documentation for annual financial audit.
- Assist with interim/annual audits and budget preparation.
PIER 39 is a 45-acre waterfront complex that is a gathering place for millions of San Francisco locals and visitors. In addition to its 13 full-service restaurants, 90+ shops and popular attractions, PIER 39 also has a 5-acre waterfront park and a 300-berth marina. PIER 39 is known for its spectacular views of the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges, Alcatraz Island and the San Francisco city skyline. PIER 39 is also home to the world-famous California sea lions.
PIER 39 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
PIER 39 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For more information visit https://sfgov.org/olse/fair-chance-ordinance-fco.