East Central College has an opening for a Bookstore Textbook Associate responsible for managing all aspects of college’s textbook inventory and manage book rental program. Position will also provide daily, weekly, and yearly expense and inventory reports to supervisor reporting book expenses records. Position will also report all book credit card transactions and coordinate insufficient fund account processes.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Associate degree and/or equivalent experience
- 2 - 3 years related experience (retail experience helpful)
- Completion of Textaid training from MBS (after being hired)
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Maintain all aspects of textbook inventory, including creating/maintaining schedules for adoption process; working in vendor software programs (MBS, Nebraska, Pearson) to place orders, manage stock, and process sales and returns.
- Maintain current knowledge of bookstore textbook ordering software and point-of-sale systems such as MBS, Nebraska and Pearson
- Ensure the college follows the HEOA in order to comply with textbook regulations
- Communicate with faculty and publishers on edition changes and package updates
- Resolve book problems with publishers (i.e., missing pages, damaged in shipment, etc.) to receive credit or replacements
- Advise University Book and Supply in Rolla of required textbooks and work with Rolla store to make sure correct books are used in that location
- Manage textbook rental program
- Coordinate regular and wholesale Book Buy Back Program; determine which books will be bought for resale
- Prepare end of year inventory sheets and assist with physical inventory
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial statements and reports
- Maintain accounts payable and receivable records for books, identify budget codes for processing
- Reconcile credit card sales reports, balance and record daily sales information including non-tax sales, sales type and class breakdown, and enter data on daily ledger file
- Maintain credit card reports and provide records for end of the month balancing for financial services
- Maintain insufficient fund collections, notify students of returned checks and place a hold on grades until payment is made, if payment is not made contact collection agency to complete payment process
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Missouri Public School Retirement System benefits, generous paid leave, ECC tuition waiver for self and immediate family and tuition reimbursement benefits for employee.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.